Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eseminario

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
I don't know if someone has posted this before, but I found a very annoying bug.

To replicate the bug follow this steps.

1. Start the camera app.
2. Switch to the front facing camera.
3. Now press the camera roll button
4. Press Done.
5. Switch back to the rear camera.
6. You will see a flash symbol with a triangle and exclamation point. Press this and you will see the message pop up on the screen: Flash is Disabled The iPhone needs to cool down before you can use the flash.

iPhone need to cool down?? ...you just need to restart the camera app to fix it, but I experienced this bug in the middle of Paul McCartney concert here in Peru and I was like :confused:

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Interesting. I confirmed it on my iPhone 4 (4.3.3) as well. If you go back into the camera roll and back out again, the exclamation point disappears too.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Mine has it too. But just close out of the camera and turn it on again and it's fine/

mtnDewFTW

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Yeah, it says the same thing for me. Just restart the app and it fixes itself. It's a weird bug, but it's definitely not something that's going to annoy me, I don't think I've ever used the camera app in that exact order until I read it here lol

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
I'm way behind on iOS updates and am still on 4.2.1. They must have introduced this bug in 4.3 because it doesn't happen with mine.

eseminario

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
I found this bug accidentaly while my wife was trying to take a pic in the concert ...she is not so familiar with iPhone's menu and I think she just touch every button :p
Next day I googled it and found many people with same bug and they published those steps.

Etnies419

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I'm way behind on iOS updates and am still on 4.2.1. They must have introduced this bug in 4.3 because it doesn't happen with mine.

You're way behind? I'm on 4.1! :eek: I'm just going to wait until iOS 5 to update at this point. But I don't get this bug either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.