Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
you will get what you pay for

I am always wary of those cheap RAMs. I think there is the reason for that cheap price such as cutting corners for quality and compatability. I bought RAMs from Crucial.com for my 2 PBs and Dell and they are all working flawlessly. I only go with the company which backs up its products with robust warranty and quality assurance. I think Crucial (a Micron company) is one of those rare breeds.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Don't buy Kingston ValueRAM for anything...ugggh. It's never worked well in any machine I've had.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
rapps said:
Does anyone own or forsee any problems using this ram?

I'm not sure about the RAM, but I am a big fan of Fry's low prices and their willingness to exchange products that are either defective or don't work in your computer as advertised.

Personally, I would take a chance and buy the RAM from them, try it out at home and run all the necessary hardware/memory tests to make sure that all is good. Either the RAM will work or it won't, but make sure that you have everything backed up before installing it.

If you do decides to go ahead and buy it, let us know how it works out.

Flyinace2000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
absolut_mac said:
I'm not sure about the RAM, but I am a big fan of Fry's low prices and their willingness to exchange products that are either defective or don't work in your computer as advertised.

Personally, I would take a chance and buy the RAM from them, try it out at home and run all the necessary hardware/memory tests to make sure that all is good. Either the RAM will work or it won't, but make sure that you have everything backed up before installing it.

If you do decides to go ahead and buy it, let us know how it works out.

I bought this ram last friday when it had a rebate. It works flawlessly. Passes MemTest and Apple Hardware Test. 129.99 AR is an awesomedeal.

absolut_mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2003
Dallas, Texas
Flyinace2000 said:
I bought this ram last friday when it had a rebate. It works flawlessly. Passes MemTest and Apple Hardware Test. 129.99 AR is an awesomedeal.

Thanks for the update.

I'm sure that there are many MR members who will be very pleased to hear this :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.