Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
So, went to wake my computer and it would not accept my password. Was freaking me out. Forced a reboot and it boots into safe mode without any keys pressed. Plugged in my iMac keyboard and I was able to log in. From what I can tell the shift key is stuck down as the number keys only type !@$ and so on. Plus she wants to boot into safe mode as if I am holding shift.

The weird things is the shift keys feel perfect in the way they depress and I am 100% sure there has not been any liquid contamination.

I am going to Boston soon for a business trip and will visit the Apple store as we don't have any in PR but can you guys thing of anything else to try?

Last edited:

lavrishevo

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
NJ
It turns out they had to order a whole new upper case with keyboard and totally dissasemble my 1.5 month old MBP. It took them seven days but she is now back and working great. Kind of crazy to go through all that over a stuck shift key.

When I was going through the process of setting up the repair the 'genius' was giving me the standard speal about liquid damage. If there was the cost was going to be nearly $1,300.00 :eek:

Last edited:

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
I wish Apple offered some kind of accidental coverage like other computer companies...

Glad you got it fixed though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.