Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 27, 2011, 10:45 PM   #1
King Mustard
macrumors member

Question Stopping the "not enough free space" iTunes sync messages?

I had an issue with the music library not displaying in iTunes so I deleted iTunes Music Library.xml and the Album Artwork folder from C:\Users\Elliot\Music\iTunes

However, when I try to sync my phone, I still get the following two messages:

Quote:
The iPhone "Elliot's iPhone" cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library. Would you like iTunes to delete enough photos and phone albums from the iPhone to make room for the songs?
Quote:
The iPhone "Elliot's iPhone" cannot be synced because there is not enough free space to hold all of the items in the iTunes library (additional 298 GB required).
Any ideas how I can stop these messages?
King Mustard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 12:18 AM   #2
patp

your phone doesn't have enough room to hold all of your media.

Select manage music and videos manually in itunes. This way, you control which files you want on your phone, instead of iTunes trying to cram all of your media to your phone.

your phone can hold max 32gb. so if your library is 300 gb, it ain't gonna fit.
patp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 12:21 AM   #3
King Mustard
macrumors member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp View Post
your phone doesn't have enough room to hold all of your media.

Select manage music and videos manually in itunes. This way, you control which files you want on your phone, instead of iTunes trying to cram all of your media to your phone.

your phone can hold max 32gb. so if your library is 300 gb, it ain't gonna fit.
As I said in the first line, I had an issue with the music library not displaying in iTunes after I added my music. No songs were showing up (even though it was determining gapless playback for all the tracks etc.).

So I deleted iTunes Music Library.xml and the Album Artwork folder from C:\Users\Elliot\Music\iTunes but iTunes is still moaning when I try to sync my iPhone
Old May 28, 2011, 12:23 AM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

You're not trying to sync 300GB worth of data to your iphone right?
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2011, 12:27 AM   #5
King Mustard
macrumors member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
You're not trying to sync 300GB worth of data to your iphone right?
My original plan was to add my 300 GB music collection into iTunes and use the tick boxes to only sync select music to my iPhone.

So I added the 300 GB folder into iTunes but nothing ever appeared in iTunes (even though iTunes appeared to be fine with it and continued to determine gapless playback for them all).

So I manually deleted iTunes Music Library.xml as I couldn't select all the songs in iTunes to delete them (as nothing was showing up).

However now, when I try to sync, I am getting issues with it trying to sync all the music.

I have tried to add a single MP3 to iTunes to 'reset' it all but it's not helped. Also, that single MP3 didn't even show up in iTunes.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone