Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Built

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I purchased the Targus 360 before I realized that the Poetic Swivelbook was identical (and actually a bit better because the Swivelbook has three viewing angles (versus two for the Targus), and the Swivelbook also has the magnetic on/off feature.

They look identical but the Poetic Swivelbook was 1/3 the price. I purchased the Targus 360 for about 60 bucks off of Amazon.com (also available at my local Best Buy). I liked the concept of the Targus so much that when I saw the virtually identical Swivelbook online for only 19.95, I figured I would purchase it as a "back-up," in case my Targus broke.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the Swivelbook in the mail...High quality product. I wanted to ditch my Targus and just use the Swivelbook but wanted to get a second and they are temporarily unavailable through http://www.yourpoetic.com but they assured me that they will be available again soon. The intent of my posting is to pass along the info that this case is worth the wait, IMHO.

Also, Poetic put out a WHITE Swivelbook for all of you White iPad 2 owners.

Here's a review from Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sm9lbCID8cI

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
the Swivelbook has three viewing angles (versus two for the Targus), and the Swivelbook also has the magnetic on/off feature.

looking at the video, the tablet doesn't stay upright for the 3rd position in portrait or landscape orientation.

not a bad case for only $20 and if they can address that problem. i'd rather not have the porthole in the back either.

Built

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
looking at the video, the tablet doesn't stay upright for the 3rd position in portrait or landscape orientation.

not a bad case for only $20 and if they can address that problem. i'd rather not have the porthole in the back either.

Each of landscape and portrait mode works with 2 out of the three positions...landscape with two out of three and portrait with two out of three, differing by one... Much better than the Targus that only gives two, and from experience, the Targus grooves could be deeper.

The hole in the back is OK. I don't worry about small details like that. All I care about is versatility, portability and quality.

The Swivelbook, at only 1/3 the price of the Targus, is a great value.

I wish they made it for the iPad 1, in fact, as I would like to have it on both. I still have my iPad 1 in a Yoobao Magic-like case which has no portrait mode, unless you just fold back the front and prop it up against some books.

I've tried so many cases out there for both the iPad 1 and the 2 (moreso the 1). I have a whole HUGE box filled with cases I don't use, and frankly, this was worth the $20 risk considering what I've spent so far.

jasonmanning

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2011
Looks exactly like the chinese OEM version that I am sell, but no way I'd sell it for that price. (and yes the case is better than the targus because it has a strap that will stop it from opening by accident.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.