Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old May 29, 2011, 02:19 PM   #1
pigbat
macrumors regular

Batch Cropping?

I've done some searching so I apologize if this is an easy question. I'm trying to figure out a way to crop around 1000 images to a 16x9 crop for a time lapse video. Is there a way in Aperture to make this happen? I have PSE and it looks like there is no option there.

I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!
pigbat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 03:49 PM   #2
Keleko
macrumors 68000

1) Crop the first image.
2) Under the Metadata menu select "Lift Adjustments"
3) Delete all the adjustments (highlight the row and delete key) EXCEPT for the crop.
4) Select all the images you want to crop the same way.
5) Click "Stamp Selected Images"
6) Wait for "Processing..." to finish.

This only works if they all receive the exact same crop, of course. If you have to tweak the crop for all the images, then there's nothing else but doing it manually. Since you said it was time lapse, then you likely want the same crop.
Keleko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2011, 08:29 PM   #3
pigbat
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
1) Crop the first image.
3) Delete all the adjustments (highlight the row and delete key) EXCEPT for the crop.

This only works if they all receive the exact same crop, of course. If you have to tweak the crop for all the images, then there's nothing else but doing it manually. Since you said it was time lapse, then you likely want the same crop.
Thanks Keleko, I'll give it a try. Yes, I want the exact same crop for all images.
pigbat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:13 PM   #4
doroty74
macrumors newbie

And here's my modest suggestion, old question but contemporary problem yet...
Since you cannot just resize the picture as is, even with an anamorphic setting, that would stretch it, the only way to achieve a 16:9 aspect ratio is to crop it.
For example let's say that your pics are 1700x1100. To get a 16:9 AR you need to crop 200 pixels vertically and 100 horizontally. How and where you place those cropping settings depends on you and on the pics.

But i know only one tool that can do that by bulk and designed specifically for cropping:
Photo Cropper by Moonvalleysoft

google for it, but try the demo first, you can't go wrong then.
doroty74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 04:02 PM   #5
Prodo123
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keleko View Post
1) Crop the first image.

And just to clarify, when you delete the adjustments, delete the ones in the list that pops up on a separate window, not the photo adjustment on Aperture's HUD.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography