Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1337Selcuk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Really. Just like the ********** title says;
The original forum of Apple discussions.apple.com is ****.

I made a long post with all things that where great about Jailbreaking.
That you had some really cool stuff like Activator, MyWi, Removing Launchdaemons (That are only for devs), Profiles and i posted like:
Implement these kind of stuff so a JB wouldn't be necessary right?

After a couple minutes i've got an email with:

Re: Request so a JB is no Necessary !
created by modular747 (The A**Hole)
If you had bothered to read the forum Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined, you would know that this is a user-to-user tech support site and Apple doesn't participate or even read most posts. You would also know that discussion of jailbreaking (unauthorized modifications is prohibited here.

Reply to this message by going to Apple Support Communities
Start a new discussion in Using iPhone at Apple Support Communities

------
What?! And After That:
-----
Your post, "Request so a JB is no Necessary !", was removed from the Apple Support Communities because it alludes to jailbreaking and violates Apple's End User License Agreement.

As this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3743 mentions, these activities have been a source of instability and other issues.

Please see the Apple Support Communities Use Agreement at https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/tou.html for more information on the proper use of Apple's Discussion forums.

Each Discussion user is required to agree to these terms before gaining posting privileges. You reserve the right to not post on Apple Support Communities should you disagree with these terms.

If you would like to send feedback to Apple about a product, please use the appropriate selection at http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Best regards,

Apple Support Communities Staff

--------

Jailbreaking is LEGAL !!! So why they have a forum if you even cannot talk about stuff as you want? As an apple user YOU are not free. You are just a NUMBER.

-------
This was the original post:
------
Hello all,

And especially the tech guys of Apple. Hello. At first when i heard about jailbreak i tought very negative about it. And i tought it is pirating !

When i did a research and started to try things it was making my phone faster, more usable and more fun!

I did a jailbreak on my iPhone and then i deleted the launch daemons that where for developers and debugging.
My phone was going 30% faster in booting up and starting programs and even the stability of the phone was better.

I installed Activator from Cydia for these reasons:
when i hold both of the Volume knobs: The music would play
when i hold Volume up: The next song is going to play

when i hold Volume down: The previous song is going to play

Otherwise i have to wait tooo long to get to my music and hit the play button and next and prev.
And it was faster than the far mile music player controller in the multitaskbar

When i hold my status bar in the lockscreen it makes a picture!
Because otherwise i have to enter my code, start up the camera app, and wait for it to launches.

And when i hold my Home button: All Apps are Quitting even on the background ones. with Appquiter from Cydia

when i slide over the status bar to the right: Brightness is going up
when i slide over the status bar to the left: Brightness is going down
(Because the automatic light management doesn't work very well, especially in the night i'm going BLIND)

And otherwise you have to go to settings, brightness and slide alllllll the time.

I Installed AutoSilent & IControl for these reasons:
When i'm locking my phone i want 3G, Cellular Data, Wifi, Bluetooth to be OFF so that's where icontrol come's in handy. i save a lot of battery !

The iPhone has NO PROFILE's so i installed AutoSilent.

After 22.00: The brightness is going down, The Lock + Keyboard sounds are turned OFF and my melody is changed to something softer !

Sometimes i get calls from my work after 22.00 and it's too loud then at night when it's so silent.

I Installed Memory Doctor with an edited plist:
So each 30 minutes my Ram is being free'd up, wich saves me battery, stability is better and apps are running faster!

I Installed MyWi 4:
Because sometimes i have to work outside and i need to send my work emails and documents.
Then i use the internet of my phone WICH I'm Paying FOR !! So leave tethering on on ALL iOS !
it then turns into a WIFI Hotspot. Just like my HTC HD2 !
So I Connect my Macbook to my iPhone to use the internet!

I Installed Ifile:
So i can use it as an USB Disk over the network. It is a Filecommander wich has ALL functionality build in!
PDF, DOC, JPG, GIF, AVI, MP4, WMV you can watch/see/read every document you want from your iPhone!
So if you are bored you can fire up your iFile and read/see/watch your movie/book/photogallery.

And after installing Cydia:

You can mount your Phone as an External Disk ! With iPhone Explorer. I Like to backup my documents so i do that from my work to my home
With my iPhone! So i have always my files with me !

So please Apple iOS Developers:
Don't kill JB until you have these functions:
- An activator / Gestures System For Music, Brightness, Apps, Quit Apps with 1 button
- Profile system with a time scheme: For turning off sounds individually, Wifi, Bluetooth, Cellular Data, 3G
- Internet WIFI Hotspot. With a wpa/wep password. Just like other phones!
- Filecommander iFile. And mounting your phone to use it as an usb disk
- Choose to be a developer / user. So LaunchDaemons for developers will only turn on when you choose to! And the iPhone would be faster up to 30%
- Free up Ram App in settings or so!

These are the things that makes the iPhone great...
Without these i'm still going to Jailbreak after i've seen
That most of the things can go faster, better, stable and more fun!

----
So after this? Anyone with Jailbreak problems tell me, i'll help you Jailbreak your Phone. Any Jailbroken phone can be restored to original! Some people talking about: A Jailbreak can turn your phone into a brick? They are completely NUTS. Because such thing doesn't exists?!

Jailbreak is MORE fun, FASTER, BETTER, STABLE.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Their forum, their rules.

Don't like the rules, don't use their forum. It's as simple as that.

Oh, and "cool story, bro."

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
Went to McDonalds and there's a big hand written sign by the self serve drink machine stating, "Do not use outside cups. Soda is not free."
::Sheesh:: How dare they?!

awadeee

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2011
Canada
Went to McDonalds and there's a big hand written sign by the self serve drink machine stating, "Do not use outside cups. Soda is not free."

^ This.

While I disagree with the Big Brother-esque attitude of the Apple forums, it should seem obvious that discussing something that voids their product's warranty would be a taboo.

This is why I like Macrumors. ;)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Damn it, I went to McDonalds the other day and I brought in a bunch of Burger King food and started eating it there.
They were not very pleasant or helpfull and said I had to leave.
What happened? That's crap:D

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Actually, modular747 is a particularly nice and helpful soul (he was a mainstay on another forum- of which I am a mod). Why he continues to be on the, as you say, piece of cr** Apple Discussion site is beyond me, as I gave up on it years ago (started there in 2001, when it was OS 10.0.3 I was using). They used to delete my suggestion that global alert sounds (ringtones that vary by alert) would be nice to have on the early (oh, wait, even present-day) iPhones. And the trolls, oh, the trolls. And the numbers queens, eager to boost their count. It's not worth the effort to post there anymore, although I will go there to see if a problem I am experiencing is global, and, if it is, has anyone posted a fix.

But, it IS Apple's site, and the rules are Apple's rules, so if you go there, you need to go along with those rules. Just as, here, you need to go along with MacRumors' rules.

Yes, jailbreaking is legal, but Apple has no desire for you to talk about it on its site.

Yes, jailbreaking makes your phone more pleasant to work with, but Apple doesn't want you talking about on its site.

Yes, if you discuss things Apple doesn't want you to talk about on its site, it will delete your post.

It's a cold, cold world. There is no justice. You can't do what you want, when you want, where you want, in the way you want. Oh, the humanity. :eek:

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
So you were expecting the apple forum to welcome your post on jailbreaking with open arms? Now that's pretty funny. Some people are upset that this forum doesn't allow us to discuss pirating. All forums have rules it's your option to be there. People that don't fallow forum rules either leave or get banned.

below

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2004
Cologne, Germany
Well, the same guy just ratted me out because I was so honest to say that I was running a developer release on the phone …

I said NOTHING about the developer release, not even a version number or anything. All I wanted was to make people aware …*because I wanted to find out if people running the stable version were having this kind of issue, too.

Boom. Post got removed.

On the developer forums, where I started the same thread, noone even cared to answer.

dudeabiding, if you know modular747, ask him if he can give some constructive input in the dev forums. Or stop playing the net-nanny.

Alex

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I personally wouldn't bother with Apple's forum.

The moderators and Apple MVP's there are, for the most part, complete @ssh0les.

- If you ask for a feature, you'll soon be called a whiner by those MVP's. (Happens all the time)
- If you dare to question whether the iPad can be as efficiently used as a MacBook for generic content creation, you'll be called a liar. (I've also been called so by one of the moderator @ssh0les there.)
- If you dare to state Apple should be sued for whatever reason (low quality of anything etc.), your post will be moderated in 1-2 minutes and the entire line of thought will be removed. (Happened to a lot of posts there.)

In addition, their dev forum is indeed pretty deserted.

All in all, I wouldn't bother.

EDIT: changed "here" to "there" - sorry for the typo.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I don't get the anger. As has been stated, their forum, their rules.

Create an account, you agree to the rules, just like on any forum. Just because you don't like the rules or don't think the rules are right or fair or that the rules should apply to you does not mean the rules go away and don't apply to you.

Yeah, it's a free internet. But unless you are paying the bills for the domain registration and paying for the upkeep of the site you are on – you don't own it. Just like private property, you can be thrown off at any time for whatever reason.

If you don't like the rules, don't create an account and don't post there. Anything else is trolling.

I'm a Sprint customer. But I am NOT a member of s4gru.com because their draconion rules about "whining" are something I do not agree to be bound by. I WILL whine about Sprint in whatever way I wish, but not on their site. Simple as that.

Like the link suggested, you could have made your post to the feedback link at Apple. Apple actually does read those and it would go to someone who might pass it on, not users or mods who are rabidly anti-jailbreak.

All of that said, I agree that the Apple forums suck. It's a bunch of Apple know-it-alls that have no tolerance for anyone that "knows" less than they do.

In any case, just because jailbreaking is legal doesn't mean that Apple wants people on their site talking about it. Since it's their site they can throw you out for violating their rules. If you think that's not fair, that's too bad. It doesn't have to be fair. It's not your site. You want to be fair, make your own site or go to some place (like this forum) where talking about it is allowed.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I know right! I went to McDs and demanded a whopper. I love burgers but I prefer a bigger sandwich.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Thats like going to apple forums about why your hackintosh pc isn't running well,

Nevertheless, as have others also pointed out, that forum uses excessive censorship. Everything not to the liking of Apple is censored out; for example, anything containing "class suit". And the MVP's are unbearably stuck-up, calling everyone else liars and whiners.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Nevertheless, as have others also pointed out, that forum uses excessive censorship. Everything not to the liking of Apple is censored out; for example, anything containing "class suit". And the MVP's are unbearably stuck-up, calling everyone else liars and whiners.
This I absolutely agree with.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I wouldn't bother going there then.
I stopped about two years ago. Got told by someone over there that I didn't know a dang thing about working on Macs, despite the fact that I'd already replaced an LCD and several other parts inside my PowerBook.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I wouldn't bother going there then.

I don't go any more... I was pretty active there and was popular by people actually asking for help but got fed up by the stuck-up MVP's, particularly after one called me a liar because I recommended a MBP over an iPad, stating the former is much better as a generic content creation platform.

chambone

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Netherlands
The army of retired wannabe moderators there is exactly why I stopped visiting Apples forums a long time ago. Although I do think it's really cute and touching that there are still people who think that Apple doesn't read its own message board.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
The army of retired wannabe moderators there is exactly why I stopped visiting Apples forums a long time ago. Although I do think it's really cute and touching that there are still people who think that Apple doesn't read its own message board.

Well, if they did read their own board, they would surely get rid of those MVP's and mods. They're a disgrace for Apple - they represent the worst kind of stuck-up Apple fanboys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.