Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

birdkicker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Ok, so I restored my iPhone 3G and afterwards, I am stuck on the

"No SIM card installed"
"Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

page so I can't use the phone without activating it.

I've been searching the web and found a bundle of sources but most of them are really outdated so I'm not sure which ones will work and which ones are patched.

I found this:
Activate iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Officially Without Original SIM or Hacktivation with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 & SAM | Redmond Pie

does this work?

If not, can you tell me what works?

I don't know if this will be of importance, but I'll have to unlock it to T-Mobile after activation.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody could take a few minutes off their time and help me out! Thank you!

I need this quick so please help if you can, as soon as possible

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Ok, so I restored my iPhone 3G and afterwards, I am stuck on the

"No SIM card installed"
"Insert a valid SIM with no PIN lock to activate iPhone."

page so I can't use the phone without activating it.

I've been searching the web and found a bundle of sources but most of them are really outdated so I'm not sure which ones will work and which ones are patched.

I found this:
Activate iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Officially Without Original SIM or Hacktivation with Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 & SAM | Redmond Pie

does this work?

If not, can you tell me what works?

I don't know if this will be of importance, but I'll have to unlock it to T-Mobile after activation.

I'd really appreciate it if anybody could take a few minutes off their time and help me out! Thank you!

I need this quick so please help if you can, as soon as possible

Use redsn0w to hactivate it. Redmondpie.com or Iclarified.com are sites can give you all the tutorials to do this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.