Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:33 AM   #1
cinca
macrumors regular

Smart cover magnet sticker coming off...?

I have encounters an issue with my smart cover.

Along the surface of the hinge that sits connected to the iPad is a plastic sticker appears to either hold the magnets in place or acts as a non scratching surface -- or both.

Over time I have noticed this sticker sliding off and out of the slight groove in the hinge to (I assume) hold it in place and countersink it with the case.

I would kinda of explain it as taking a stiff tablecloth that is designed to fit perfectly on the top of a table and then slightly shifting it so it sticks off of the edge of your table.

I addition to being annoying it shifts enough to form a slight lip that sticks up into the air when my smart cover and iPad are in the typing position.

I don't really do anything extraordinary with my iPad.. I'm not using it underwater or in a space station -- just normal, everyday use...

Anyone else encounter this issue or is there something fault with mine..?!? Maybe the adhesive is bad..?

I've attached a few photos. Sorry about the quality.. My iPhone had a touch time getting to focus on such a narrow tiny bit of my iPad..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306917146.081668.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	287586   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306917185.837432.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	287587  
cinca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 03:36 AM   #2
mulo
macrumors 68020

Send a message via MSN to mulo
while i don't know what you can do about it, i can tell you that the magnets are held in by screws, and that the cover that is sliding off is only there to protect your ipad form getting scratched.

simple answer, take it to apple and try to get a new one.
mulo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:24 PM   #3
AppleOwl
macrumors member

Where did you purchase your cover? I got one off of eBay..turned out it was a counterfeit item and it was having the same issue.
AppleOwl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:23 PM   #4
cinca
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleOwl View Post
Where did you purchase your cover? I got one off of eBay..turned out it was a counterfeit item and it was having the same issue.
Agh..! Nope. Got mine at the Apple store. 100% genuine.
cinca is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories