Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 1, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1
jrolson
macrumors newbie

iPod Keeps Asking Me To Verify Credit Card Info

Everytime I download an App on the store and after I enter my password it says I have to verify my Credit Card info, so I do and then the next day it has me do it again... So far I have been doing this everyday now.

Is this a bug and why did it start doing this?
jrolson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 02:38 AM   #2
tkmcguire1
macrumors 6502

usually it does it when payment is rejected on an item you purchased or it could be your card is expiring soon,it might be a glitch,but the first thing you should do is check your credit account to make sure everything is ok with your funds,if you keep having problems you could always try a different card which is what I have done in the past when I had a similar problem.Hope this info helps!
tkmcguire1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2011, 07:47 AM   #3
Delexo
macrumors member

This usually happens if you 'owe' iTunes money and you don't have enough funds in your account. You're effectively barred from downloading anything else from iTunes (including anything that is free) until you pay off what you owe.

Open iTunes on your computer then click iTunes store. Once you're onto the iTunes store go to the top right of the screen and it should say your email address you use for your iTunes account (if not sign in). Click that and then click Account and it'll take you to a screen where you can check your Purchase History and Payment Information.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:32 PM   #4
easy-mac
macrumors member

This can also happen if you have accessed iTunes from a new device. I've had it happen to me several times, and it can be pretty annoying because sometimes it'll ask me to verify multiple times before it registers. It usually happens after using a different computer to download something from iTunes. I believe it's a security measure that was put into place after a large number of users had their accounts hacked a while back.
32GB iPhone 5 White, 32GB iPad 3 LTE
easy-mac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 12:25 PM   #5
theelysium
macrumors 6502

Whatever it is it's ****in Stupid I'm sick of entering in my info!

Does Apple want me to spend money or not?
theelysium is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Twenty Two
macrumors newbie

I have had this many times. My bank account did have money in it as well. I had to make a completely new account. The account didn't take long to make just a hassle. But ever since the new account it has been working great.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod