Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Just got this today and thought I would put up a few pictures.

Really nice case, well constructed, thought out and designed. Material is really great quality and no odor, like many of the other cases we have seen around here.

Feels very solid and completely protects the Ipad providing full coverage all the way around. A great improvement over the first Workbook I think.

All the cutouts are exact and match up perfectly with all the Ipads connectors & camera.

Also it allows for screen protector and rear skin protector, very important to most of us!

Changing the bands for the front cover is a nice idea, a simple process, with several colors to choose from.

No hibernation problems when front cover is folded over.

What really struck me more than anything else was how slim it was, virtually no bulk and not a great deal of weight added to it.

The viewing angles are pretty much infinite as the velcro system allows it to be put in any position you choose, very stable, no slipping or sliding.

I think this is an extremely well made product by Mophie and it will no doubt do quite well. Out of the 4 or 5 folios I have used so far, this is the best one, no doubt!

Highly recommend it!

DSC08241.jpg

DSC08242.jpg

DSC08240.jpg

DSC08254.jpg

DSC08251.jpg

Last edited:

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
Some more pictures.

DSC08261.jpg

DSC08256.jpg

DSC08259.JPG

While the cut out looks like it might not allow enough room for the entire grill, under closer examination one sees the width of the case more than compensates for the speaker. The Ipad's back curves at an inward angle right there so there is no obstruction to the grill at all. The cut out is perfectly matched to the ipads speaker grill and lines up beautifully! Could not hear any difference in sound quality at all!

DSC08247.JPG

DSC08248.jpg

Last edited:

madat42

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011
Thanks for the photos. Can you measure the thickness and weight with the iPad in it? Thanks!

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Looks great!

I have to stop looking at posts about cases! I see more I like and I'm already on my second iPad 2 case in 3 months...lol

I buy a case asap to keep it protected and over time the case companies keep cranking them out...oh well!!!! My old cases wind up being in pristine condition!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.