Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pcw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Hi,

I've started noticing that my iMac freezes after I have left it on over the night. When I turn my iMac on the clock is displaying some time on the evening when I last used the computer. What is weird though is that when I go into the Console app and check the logs I can see that the backup daemon has been running successfully during the night.

Out of the vanilla iMac I had installed 4GB extra of ram, which I have removed now and still the same freezes occur. Also I have Installed an SSD (Intel 320 Series 160GB) instead of the standard disk drive. I'm hoping I don't have to open up my iMac again to replace it with the standard disk.

I've tried resetting SMC and PRAM to no avail.

What to do?

dhtmlkitchen

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2010
I have the same problem. MBP, Intel 320, and now after emptying Trash, I get freeze upon waking.

What causes that? Better yet, how can it be fixed?

obey908

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
San Francisco
If you have lion, it is a common problem. And no fix is out yet, although I've been freeze free for a couple weeks now. Used to freeze everytime I tried to wake up the iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.