Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Mar 20, 2005, 03:43 AM   #1
perslh
macrumors newbie

Talking Delete HD and start over

Hey,
Can anyone tell me how to delete my hard drive and hidden partition to start over again? I have a new PowerBook G4 and this is the first time I have used a mac. I have a 100GB hardrive which has partioned the drive to 93GB and the rest is somewhere in the never never, so I thought it would be easier just to delete everything and start from scratch. What I have done so far is put in os disk and held down c, then went to the disk utilities then I selected partition 1 thinking that would delete the old data but for some reason it is still there hidden. Can someone please help as I am getting stressed!!
perslh is offline   0
Old Mar 20, 2005, 03:45 AM   #2
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Don't you already have a thread on this?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=116219

Besides, give it time. It's some ungodly hour all across the US, it's early'ish on Sun morning in the UK and lateish in Aus & NZ...

Patience is an underrated virtue.

Last edited by Blue Velvet; Mar 20, 2005 at 03:47 AM.
Blue Velvet is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland