Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Jun 4, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1
rsp2011
macrumors newbie

Access files in Recovery/DFU mode

My iPhone 3G (think it's FW 3.1.3 NOT jailbroken) won't boot up past the apple logo for some reason. I can however access the recovery and DFU mode.
Does anyone know a way that I can somehow SSH into the phone to be able to access my files as I have very important photos, texts, contacts saved on the phone that I cannot afford to lose.
Unfortunately I cannot restore the phone through iTunes without losing my data because I don't have any backups as they are all on my old computer which is broken.
I have been looking into msftguys' methods (http://msftguy.blogspot.com), and I attempted the data recovery one to restore to the latest firmware but it didn't work. The ramdisk one seems like my only option but it is quite complicated - is there anyone that can offer some help?
I would be happy to pay a donation to anyone that can help me!
Thanks in advance
rsp2011 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks