Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notters

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2011
Hi, I'm new to this site and need help.

I have an iphone 3G which seems to have frozen. it wont reset using the power and home button, it will not show on itunes when connected to pc.
All it does is show the apple logo or the battery logo with it red and at minimum. no matter what buttons or combination of them it does not do anything!!!! most frustrating.

Nearest apple store is 70miles away so help much needed and appreciated.

Ryan.

RodThePlod

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
London
All it does is show the apple logo or the battery logo with it red and at minimum.

Ryan, have you tried plugging your iPhone into the mains adaptor and leaving it charging for an hour or two?

When the battery is very low on an iPhone/iPod touch, etc. they can become unresponsive until the battery has been charged up somewhat.

RTP.

Crystal-RX

macrumors 68030
Dec 22, 2008
Seattle, WA USA
Hi, I'm new to this site and need help.

I have an iphone 3G which seems to have frozen. it wont reset using the power and home button, it will not show on itunes when connected to pc.
All it does is show the apple logo or the battery logo with it red and at minimum. no matter what buttons or combination of them it does not do anything!!!! most frustrating.

Nearest apple store is 70miles away so help much needed and appreciated.

Ryan.

Most of the time, the phone fail to go into DFU mode is because one of the button is not working (home or power). So, check on these. If you have access to the other 3G, might be switch your logic board to that phone and see if you can put it into DFU and restore it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.