Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Hi folks, I've managed to misplace my i4 earphones so I'm looking for a replacement.

I'm not overly keen on the shape of the Apple ones and i would prefer the ear "bud" style to the Apple "round" ones.

I don't use them that much, so I don't want to spend too much cash, but I work from home and it's handy to be able to take a call and keep working.

I'm in the UK BTW.

Cheers. :)

cwerdna

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
SF Bay Area, California
need mic, remote and real volume control

I'm in the same boat as the OP. :( I'm loathe to pay $30 for Apple's official earbuds w/mic and remote.

I'm not too keen on the Zagg smart buds since the volume control doesn't control the volume on the iPhone. The klipsch s4i are way more than I want to spend.

Anyone know of any cheap alternatives that has all the features of the stock iPhone 4 earbuds but is also cheaper? I don't care much about sound quality other than it being no worse than the stock ones.

barkingDog

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2010
I have had good luck with Mee on a budget however I very happy with my a-jays four right now $70

I grilled labman extensively about my purchase of earbuds -- specifically with the remote controls and "ease of use" being my main priority. He steered me into the perfect product with the a-Jays four.

Love the flat cables, and the remote control buttons are SO much easier to use than what Apple put into their OEM pairing.

And for me, the sound is just fine. :D

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I grilled labman extensively about my purchase of earbuds -- specifically with the remote controls and "ease of use" being my main priority. He steered me into the perfect product with the a-Jays four.

Love the flat cables, and the remote control buttons are SO much easier to use than what Apple put into their OEM pairing.

And for me, the sound is just fine. :D

Thanks barkingDog glad you like them I am not going to say that they are the best in the world. However for the price I think they are awesome! Glad you like them so much. Sometimes it's hard to recommend things because everybody different.

Pennine

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
Glossop UK
Hi folks, I've managed to misplace my i4 earphones so I'm looking for a replacement.

I'm not overly keen on the shape of the Apple ones and i would prefer the ear "bud" style to the Apple "round" ones.

I don't use them that much, so I don't want to spend too much cash, but I work from home and it's handy to be able to take a call and keep working.

I'm in the UK BTW.

Cheers. :)
a Jays four from Richer Sounds £50 plus a £10 iTunes voucher for you to spend. They are excellent and look cool.

CBR900RR

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2008
Middle of Pacific
For day to day use, you cannot beat this Skullcandy S2INBI-FZ Ink'd Ear Buds with Inline Microphone. $10.88 with free shipping

SkullCandy link

413Yc2XsE9L.jpg

DM1330_1lg__71658_std.jpg

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Skullcandy smokin buds with mic.

£20 from HMV.

Dont get the full metal jacket ones as they conflict with the antanna band on the ip4 !

billsrcursed

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Jays A-Jays Four

/thread.

Couple of quick questions;

Do you think I'd run into fitment issues w/element formula 4 case?

Also,

Do you have any experience with the Spider Realvoice IEM's as a comparison? I'm fairly interested in those as well, and are similar in function (iphone compatible) and price.

Thanks for any info. you can provide!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.