Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeegieMac

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'd be interested in any Developers who got their hands on the new build letting us know how it performs, any little UI tweaks (the log in screen at the keynote looked metallic compared to the grey boot screen colour of DP3).

Thanks in advance. :D

WeegieMac

Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm sure once it is back online there will be posts :D

Sweet, looking forward to hearing some views.

Looking at the screenshots on the newly uploaded Lion page on Apple.com, the Launchpad and Mission Control icons have been changed and there's a nice "space" wallpaper, lol.

It's performance issues I want to hear about though. The animations when entering/exiting full screen app mode as well as opening/closing Folders in Launchpad were choppy.

£20.99 when it launches in July though, amazing value from Apple. I'll be buying on day one that's for sure.

_bgb

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2011
London
How did it update? Via the Mac App Store or Software Update?

just checked for a software update after reading about it being available today for devs.. and wam bam something updated, 1.7gb.. and im sure i was up to date?

tsmith

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
just checked for a software update after reading about it being available today for devs.. and wam bam something updated, 1.7gb.. and im sure i was up to date?

what build does it say in your "About This Mac", until today the latest was 11A459e, it hasn't shown up in my software update and i just checked now.

gspannu

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
UK
Dev store up & running..... but
but but....

but still not showing updated Lion or iOS5 :(

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
I can log in now to the dev page, then it tells me to update my user agreement...then it goes back to "We'll be back soon!"

They must be starting to open the flood gates :)

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I can log in now to the dev page, then it tells me to update my user agreement...then it goes back to "We'll be back soon!"

They must be starting to open the flood gates :)

Yep, I'm getting that too. I think that maybe the servers are overloaded and that's the default "unavailable" page they serve when it falls over. Apple never really handle these surges in demand very well, and I hope they get their act together before iCloud launches or it could be another MobileMe disaster ;)

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Yep, I'm getting that too. I think that maybe the servers are overloaded and that's the default "unavailable" page they serve when it falls over. Apple never really handle these surges in demand very well, and I hope they get their act together before iCloud launches or it could be another MobileMe disaster ;)

You're right! They never handle these surges well!
Probably doesn't help with me refreshing every minute!
I'm finally downloading iTunes 10.5 Beta now though, keeps telling me it can't find iOS 5 though!

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH

I get the same after agreeing to the updated agreement. Oh well, what's another hour wait.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes, this one is at the Dev website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.