Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
Is the current OS X Lion Beta stable enough for every day use, as well as development use? I'd like to upgrade, but I'm worried about stability. Since the public release is just around the corner, I'm assuming the current Beta is fairly close to the GM release.

Can anyone comment on it? Am I good to update, or should I wait for the public release?

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009

As devastatingly helpful as that was, I'm hoping someone can actually answer my questions without being snide about it.

I'm not asking for details on the OS, or anything like that. I'm asking if the current beta is stable enough for use. That doesn't violate the NDA, and it's a simple question.

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
He's not answering because normally when you are in be a you sign a letter saying you can't reveal anything

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
He's not answering because normally when you are in be a you sign a letter saying you can't reveal anything

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

As a developer, I agreed to the same Non-disclosure Agreement. However, asking about stability is far from revealing details of the OS. :rolleyes:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
As a developer, I agreed to the same Non-disclosure Agreement. However, asking about stability is far from revealing details of the OS. :rolleyes:

If you have legal access to Lion Beta then you have access to the documentation as well, and that answers your question precisely.

Noisemaker

Original poster
Mar 13, 2009
If you have legal access to Lion Beta then you have access to the documentation as well, and that answers your question precisely.

Really? That gives a hands-on opinion from a fellow developer? Because when I read through it earlier I didn't see that section. :rolleyes:

Yeah. You can read through it all you want. It still doesn't say how well it will work for daily use and development. Known issues? Sure. Features? Yep. Hands on Opinion of Stability? No.

Blakeasd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
I have been using Lion as my main OS (I AM a paid developer). It has been sort of buggy, but overall it seems to be pretty stable. For those who complain about the NDA I'm pretty sure a lot of this site breaks NDA, with all the leaked Lion info. If you have anymore questions just PM me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.