Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:35 AM   #1
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

Microsoft Outlook 2010 Sync Problem

Good Morning,
I've tried searching this and found some similarities, but not what I'm experiencing. I've been using an iPhone 4 with Microsoft Outlook 2010. Everything has been working fine until the other day it stopped syncing the calendar. While I still get the warnings if there is going to be a change to the computer from appointments I've set on the iPhone, it is not syncing to the computer. Also, appointments made on the computer are not going to the phone. Also, when plugging in the iPhone, iTunes thinks there is a calendar present that had been deleted sometime back.
I've tried a reset on the phone, a restore from backup, and restore as new. I've reset the sync history and I've uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and also uninstalled Microsoft Office Professional and reinstalled it too. It only happens for the calendar, the contacts are fine. All other syncing works too, including music, movies, apps and photos.
Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 03:13 PM   #2
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

After all of that, I deleted all of the appointments in Outlook and synced to the phone. That deleted the calendar. I didn't have too many appointments to rebuild, but I had printed all of them out. I re-entered everything, and it works fine now. Obviously there was a corrupt appointment that scanpst.exe could not fix, or report on. Thanks to everyone for your time.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Hankster
macrumors 68000

I was just searching Google for this. I'm using two phone now and want to get rid of my BlackBerry, but I've been using it work MS Outlook for Mac. I've read everywhere that Outlook 2010 is not compatible with iPhone 4. From what you're posting it does work? The calendar/contacts do synch?

If this is the case I'll be dropping my BB like a rock. I hate having two phones.

iMac - MacBook Air - iPhone - iPad - Shuffle - Nikon
Hankster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 02:20 PM   #4
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

Yes, syncing with Outlook 2010 works fine. This was just a fluke where it stopped. I wasn't able to really find the corrupt appointment, but after deleting all of them and entering them again, everything works fine again. Hope that helps your decision.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:45 PM   #5
MasterTick
macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me, pretty annoying.

Glad you managed to fix it tho.
MasterTick is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Tags
calendar, itunes, outlook 2010, syncing