Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Mar 22, 2005, 03:32 PM   #1
qzak
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Ipod / Powerbook Problems

hey, i got my first mac like two weeks ago. i tried connecting my 40gb ipod to my new powerbook but it opened up iTunes and everything just froze, i ended up having to hold the power button down on the powerbook to restart!

i know windows formatted it when i first got it, and i know i can't add music to it if i keep it for my pc use, but any ideas why it did that, i thought macs read both formats and pcs only read one?

oh, and i think i'm gonna just move my music over to my powerbook and reformat my pc so i might as well just make my powerbook my ipod's home. i'm afraid to just connect my ipod to my PB again cause of what i said happened before, so whats the best way of wiping out my ipod and starting over using my PB?

thanks!
qzak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:08 AM   #2
hogman
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TN
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkRed]well if u can find an ipod update on ur windos then u can use it to restor the ipod to factory condishion. this will compleatly re format ur entier ipod and anything on it will be lost. including bugs, viruses, and the like. try that
hogman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:22 PM   #3
tdhurst
macrumors 68040
 
tdhurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Oh wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogman
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7][COLOR=DarkRed]well if u can find an ipod update on ur windos then u can use it to restor the ipod to factory condishion. this will compleatly re format ur entier ipod and anything on it will be lost. including bugs, viruses, and the like. try that
Hey, don't computers have some kind of program that corrects spelling? Someone should really write a program that does that. It would be easier not to look an uneducated hick when you posted online if a computer could correct spelling/grammar automatically.
__________________
Twitter - tdhurst
I blog here.
2012 11.6" 2.0ghz i7 MacBook Air, 2.26 C2D Mac Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV 3.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 01:14 PM   #4
Steven1621
macrumors 6502a
 
Steven1621's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleretailguy
Hey, don't computers have some kind of program that corrects spelling? Someone should really write a program that does that. It would be easier not to look an uneducated hick when you posted online if a computer could correct spelling/grammar automatically.
yikes! ease up on this fellow. this is an internet forum, not an english paper. i could understand what he meant. good enough for me!
__________________
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz, 500GB HD, 4GB RAM - Dell 20" 2005FPW - iPod Touch 16GB - Time Capsule 500GB - Nikon D40 w/ Nikkor 18-200mm VR
Steven1621 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 10:20 PM   #5
AudiGuy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzak
hey, i got my first mac like two weeks ago. i tried connecting my 40gb ipod to my new powerbook but it opened up iTunes and everything just froze, i ended up having to hold the power button down on the powerbook to restart!

i know windows formatted it when i first got it, and i know i can't add music to it if i keep it for my pc use, but any ideas why it did that, i thought macs read both formats and pcs only read one?

oh, and i think i'm gonna just move my music over to my powerbook and reformat my pc so i might as well just make my powerbook my ipod's home. i'm afraid to just connect my ipod to my PB again cause of what i said happened before, so whats the best way of wiping out my ipod and starting over using my PB?

thanks!
damn after reading these threads, im glad i returned my ipods(3) the same day they broke down on me.... all these problems and people still buy these stylish unfunctional items. i've had my iriver for over a year, dropped it on the street with really hard once and still works fine. no problem with draggin and droppin file between my pc and powerbook.
AudiGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 10:37 PM   #6
tdhurst
macrumors 68040
 
tdhurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Hell Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGuy
damn after reading these threads, im glad i returned my ipods(3) the same day they broke down on me.... all these problems and people still buy these stylish unfunctional items. i've had my iriver for over a year, dropped it on the street with really hard once and still works fine. no problem with draggin and droppin file between my pc and powerbook.
Damn right! iPods are terrible! These problems MUST be widespread if someone is posting it on a forum! Quick make sure you tell EVERYONE you know not to buy an iPod!



Wait...most everyone already has one....
iRiver...ugly, awkward, too big to fit comfortably in a pocket..but no reported problems. Wait...might that be because people just don't care?
__________________
Twitter - tdhurst
I blog here.
2012 11.6" 2.0ghz i7 MacBook Air, 2.26 C2D Mac Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV 3.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 10:52 PM   #7
AudiGuy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleretailguy
Damn right! iPods are terrible! These problems MUST be widespread if someone is posting it on a forum! Quick make sure you tell EVERYONE you know not to buy an iPod!



Wait...most everyone already has one....
iRiver...ugly, awkward, too big to fit comfortably in a pocket..but no reported problems. Wait...might that be because people just don't care?
iriver ihp-120 wont fit comfortably in pocket? too big?? awkward?? its the same size as a 30G ipod...... :/

i dont think it is ugly, i like the black color. im not a follower, i dont buy things to be accepted. i buy what i think will work well for me.

my friend (who is an idiot when it comes to computers) asked me about ipods, i told that idiot i had problems with 3 of them in under a month and what did he do?? he went and got an ipod why? because when he hears "mp3 player" he automatically thinks "ipod!" and now he complaining about battery life, pc and ipod crashing. hahahha what a moron

i gave highs and lows about ipods and iriver, then told him to make his own decision
AudiGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:08 PM   #8
tdhurst
macrumors 68040
 
tdhurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Not all iPods are the same size...

Does that mean everyone is an idiot for buying an iPod? Has Apple been duping ALL of us? Is the iPod just some huge joke? Will they ALL break down at once?!?!?

You bought the iRiver cause you wanted to be different. It's okay, you can admit it.
__________________
Twitter - tdhurst
I blog here.
2012 11.6" 2.0ghz i7 MacBook Air, 2.26 C2D Mac Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV 3.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:18 PM   #9
AudiGuy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleretailguy
Does that mean everyone is an idiot for buying an iPod? Has Apple been duping ALL of us? Is the iPod just some huge joke? Will they ALL break down at once?!?!?

You bought the iRiver cause you wanted to be different. It's okay, you can admit it.
yes i know i had 3 of them, 20G=2, 30G=1 all third gen, none made it through the 1st day without ****in up.

the 30G is slightly larger than the 20G, as i said the ihp-120 is about the size of the 30G ipod.

yes i did get the iriver to be different. its funny seeing 10-15 people on the train with ipods thinking they're "hip" hahahah i know they are going through hell with their ipods. i dont know much about the 4th gen ipods, do they still **** up like the 3rd gens?
AudiGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:24 PM   #10
tdhurst
macrumors 68040
 
tdhurst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Portland, OR
Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiGuy
yes i did get the iriver to be different. its funny seeing 10-15 people on the train with ipods thinking they're "hip" hahahah i know they are going through hell with their ipods. i dont know much about the 4th gen ipods, do they still **** up like the 3rd gens?
Yes..I hate music, but the iPod is hip, so I decided to get it.
And both my shuffle and mini f&%$ all the time, but I have blind faith, as do the other hundreds of thousands of people who own iPods.

I guess we're all stupid.
__________________
Twitter - tdhurst
I blog here.
2012 11.6" 2.0ghz i7 MacBook Air, 2.26 C2D Mac Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV 3.
tdhurst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:38 PM   #11
AudiGuy
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by appleretailguy
Yes..I hate music, but the iPod is hip, so I decided to get it. sadly this is the mentality of many ipod owners... not all just most..

And both my shuffle and mini f&%$ all the time, but I have blind faith, as do the other hundreds of thousands of people who own iPods.

I guess we're all stupid. you said it not me
im not a fan boy, if ipods functioned like my iriver, i would totally buy one
AudiGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS 5 Beta 2 jailbreak to ipod touch has problem Nicolas4ever iPod touch 2 Jul 6, 2011 07:40 AM
iPod touch taps cause odd responses caspersoong iPod touch 2 Apr 18, 2011 12:49 AM
ipod 3rd Gen!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!! (no sign of power) hssky97 iPod 3 Jan 15, 2011 11:44 PM
Ipod Touch App woes, please help!!! DonDraper iPod touch 8 Nov 17, 2010 05:33 PM
Powerbook and iPod speaker problems U2Rules! Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive) 1 Jul 30, 2004 01:44 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:48 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC