Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:44 AM   #1
Boca
macrumors regular

Ipad says not connected to internet.

HELP! Just arrived in Norway from US. Ipad 2 is showing connection to wifi in settings and with the symbol but when I try to use safari etc get message that's it not connected to internet. What setting have I messed up?

Have not upgraded os since we got ipad 3 weeks ago. Any help appreciated.
Boca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2011, 04:49 PM   #2
patrickj
macrumors regular

Some things to try:

-- Turn WiFi off and back on via the Settings app and make sure you are able to successfully join your local WiFi network.

-- If that still fails, try and see if you connect OK on another WiFi network - one at a coffee shop with free WiFi or whatever is available. Try to narrow down if it's an issue with just one network or all.

-- Do a reset of network settings.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 03:42 AM   #3
Boca
macrumors regular

Thanks. Have tried everything but going to another location. However, the ipad DID connect and work when we first arrived at the apartment and set it up to the airport express. My macbook, iphone, and a notebook all have no problems with connection. Just the Ipad which shows strong signal and indicates it's on the same wifi net as all the other devices. Frustrating to say the least!
I'll try your suggestion, plus try and find an apple store here and see what they say.
Boca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011, 09:23 AM   #4
patrickj
macrumors regular

Did you try the reset of network settings yet? If not, definitely worth giving that a go before going to the Apple store.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting