Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baryon

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 3, 2009
From experience I can say that Adobe applications, especially Flash and Photoshop are extremely buggy with Spaces in Leopard and Snow Leopard. For example, in Flash, sometimes the whole window would become unresponsive, and parts of the window (grey rectangles) would get "left behind" in other spaces. This would happen randomly when changing Spaces and even when using Exposé (the Flash window leaves behind UI elements when doing Exposé).

In Photoshop, there are less bugs like this, but there are still some annoying ones. For example, when opening Photoshop in one Space, then moving one or all of its open windows to another space, the "Reading Photoshop Format" progress dialog still pops up in the original space, yanking you back into that space with nothing but the dialog on it.

These bugs don't seem to ever get fixed, as Adobe says "Our apps cannot be aware of Spaces as it's purely a System function" and Apple says "Adobe aren't using standard UI elements so our System functions can't work correctly". I wonder if Adobe and Apple worked together to fix this in Lion (I would be surprised).

My question is (as I don't have Lion): do these (or similar) bugs persist in Lion with Adobe Flash and Photoshop?

Last edited:

Sean Dempsey

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2006
Yes, using any of the Creative Suit with Mission Control is a joke and should be avoided.

For apps like Photoshop that have many windows, but 1 set of palletes, mission control has no idea what to do. And if you cmd-tab between apps, you often end up cmd-tabbing back to photoshop, only on an empty desktop. It didn't detect where you had open photoshop windows, so it just left you where you were.

It's pretty much useless.

No, i am not trolling. Mission Control is a joke for any "non fullscreen" apps. If you like to have photoshop, illustrator, and flash all open in different spaces - say goodbye to any fluid workflow with Lion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.