Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlphaTeam

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2005
We are about to purchase 50 or so iMac's for the school I work at. Our new budget comes out July 1st and that is when we should be ordering them. I'm sure the new OS will not be out then, how long after purchase do they give you if they upgrade software for free?

If possible should I see if I can hold of ordering? Do you expect a firm date closer to release or will it just magically happen to be out one day?

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
We are about to purchase 50 or so iMac's for the school I work at. Our new budget comes out July 1st and that is when we should be ordering them. I'm sure the new OS will not be out then, how long after purchase do they give you if they upgrade software for free?

Just visit this page within 30 days after Lions official release in July 2011!

;)

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Also, I think Apple is 'legally' licensing lion to 20 computers if I remember correctly from the keynote, though they have no DRM way of knowing ... so you could upgrade all for $9.99, though that would be unethical.

Patrick946

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2009
Does this apply to refurbished macs? The press release says any qualifying new mac, but it doesn't specify what qualifies. I would usually assume that refurbished computers don't count as new, but this says otherwise. I guess it's not a big deal since it's only $30, but it would be nice to know.

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon

Volume purchases (commercial/educational) are usually handled differently than individual purchases. You will need to contact Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.