Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isaura

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Hello,

This week my facebook app doesn't open anymore, it opens in safari. I deleted it and reinstalled but that doesn't seem to work.
When my sister logs into her facebook on my facebook app is works perfectly.
Anybody knows how to fix this? Or has te same problem?

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
Mine was acting up yesterday. Same with the version in safari (well, the facebook app is really a web view with a skin the mobile site). I wouldn't be surprised if the facebook people are changing something under the covers.

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Sadly, I have never once EVER had a good version of the Facebook app, be it on an iPhone or Blackberry. These things have always had a mind of their own.

Big D 51

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Mobile, AL
Sadly, I have never once EVER had a good version of the Facebook app, be it on an iPhone or Blackberry. These things have always had a mind of their own.

Same here. You would think facebook could produce a decent app with all the income they are making.

jthomp

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
the 717

Agreed... I have constant issues with the FB app, no matter what version of iOS or FB. Freezing, crashing, memory hogging, 'ghost' notifications, uploading issues, etc, etc.. You would think that they could fix the old/existing issues without causing more... But that doesn't seem to be the case...

dubnde

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2009
UK
Never ever ever ever had a facebook version that works reliably. One of the most useless apps if one compares to what some other major companies offer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.