Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jun 11, 2011, 02:26 PM   #1
uncleiven
macrumors member

Notes not syncing iOS5 / iCloud

Is it just me or are others having the same problem. I can't seem to get notes synced between iPhone and iPad via iCloud. I have turned settings on and off to see if this fixes it but it doesnt
uncleiven is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:47 PM   #2
iKennett
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleiven View Post
Is it just me or are others having the same problem. I can't seem to get notes synced between iPhone and iPad via iCloud. I have turned settings on and off to see if this fixes it but it doesnt
Noted work fine for me but having trouble with contacts. Everything will get pushed to my iPad but changes on there plus certain fields like birthday don't match up.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 06:16 PM   #3
wolfpackfan
macrumors 65816

A question - are bookmarks synching?
wolfpackfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 11:57 AM   #4
dsburdette
macrumors member

Same problem here.

I've moved the notes I had in MobileMe over to iCloud and they are properly syncing between my MacBook Pro and iCloud but not to my iPhone. I've checked everything I can think of in terms of Preferences on both OS X, Mail and my iPhone but to no avail.

UPDATE - Fixed!

Got everything to sync as soon as I created one new note on my iPhone. The phone then communicated with iCloud and downloaded the notes I already had up there.

Last edited by dsburdette; Oct 14, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
dsburdette is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:52 PM   #5
kas23
macrumors 603

Has anyone figured this out yet (how to get Notes from old iPhone to new iPhone via iCloud)? Syncing everything else via iCloud was simple, but Notes are not transfering.

Maybe I should sign-in using the @me.com account they made us sign-up for, then the notes will be pulled from the server, then sign into my usual iCloud account.
kas23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2011, 01:19 PM   #6
robert93727
macrumors newbie

end around

From itunes, I checked the box for notes and synced- that brought all my notes to me iphone. What I noticed after that was all notes made from the phone under the icloud account would then sync over the air, but not native to the phone. That won't work for me either.
In the mail app on the mac, we can highlight, drag, and drop all notes from "On my mac" to "icloud" and that should do the trick. However, this is an end around and I would like to use the multiple note accounts. If anyone figures it out please post here
robert93727 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2011, 11:46 PM   #7
Tofu Towkay
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert93727 View Post
From itunes, I checked the box for notes and synced- that brought all my notes to me iphone. What I noticed after that was all notes made from the phone under the icloud account would then sync over the air, but not native to the phone. That won't work for me either.
In the mail app on the mac, we can highlight, drag, and drop all notes from "On my mac" to "icloud" and that should do the trick. However, this is an end around and I would like to use the multiple note accounts. If anyone figures it out please post here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog View Post
iphone /ipad notes not syncing with ios5 ? cloud on, anything else in settings that makes this not work? thx
its the only thing i want to sync
I'm also having the same problem. I've tried moving the new note between the various "accounts" - the me.com one, the "On My Mac" one, and my Gmail one - all to no avail. Have also tried syncing "Via wifi" and with this wife option turned off...

Another syncing problem is lyrics in iTunes songs - any changes I make to lyrics in iTunes is now no longer reflected on the iPhone song lyrics.

Would be great if someone has found a way to fix these.

Kind of feels like the same sort of problems that I had with the very first iPhone!

TT
Tofu Towkay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 05:43 AM   #8
Greenkeir
macrumors newbie

Notes not syncing iOS5/iCloud

In notes on your iPad in the top left corner you will see accounts. If you click on this you will see an account for 'from my mac' and another for 'iCloud'. If you copy all the notes into iCloud account the it will the automatically put them on to your iPhone.
Greenkeir is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2011, 09:09 AM   #9
thederby
macrumors regular

also, if you right-click a note in ical, you can "move" it to icloud notes.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 03:53 PM   #10
patjshaz
macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem.
Reminders is clearly syncing over iCloud. But Notes is not.
patjshaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:06 AM   #11
spr97ajm
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu Towkay View Post
Another syncing problem is lyrics in iTunes songs - any changes I make to lyrics in iTunes is now no longer reflected on the iPhone song lyrics.

Would be great if someone has found a way to fix these.

Kind of feels like the same sort of problems that I had with the very first iPhone!

TT
The only way I've found of syncing updated lyrics is if you edit them on the computer, then delete the song from your iPhone and re-sync. It then pulls the song over again with the new lyrics. Annoying. Andy.
spr97ajm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 01:04 AM   #12
heads up
macrumors member

I think I just found a solution. I just deleted all of my notes on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, and when I now make a note on one, it syncs to the other. Seems like it's syncing now!

YAY!
6G iPod Classic, 120GB, Black
heads up is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services