Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kone 33

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
I'm looking for:
1. Full coverage
2. Auto sleep wake function
3. Ability to fold the case flat against the back

These are the two cases that I have narrowed it down to:
1. STM Skinny case
2. Bear Motion Leather case

What are your thoughts?
TIA

Sanveann

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
Michigan
I have the Skinny and really like it -- seems to meet all your criteria. The Bear Motion looks nice, but it does cover the bezel, if that's a problem for you.

Full disclosure: I would like the Skinny even better if it were leather. Not totally wild about the nylon.

mayflower

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2011
STM Skinny case is light and handy. it is said has the same function as smart cover but is much cheaper than smart cover.

laurenr

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
California
I'm looking for:
1. Full coverage
2. Auto sleep wake function
3. Ability to fold the case flat against the back

These are the two cases that I have narrowed it down to:
1. STM Skinny case
2. Bear Motion Leather case

What are your thoughts?
TIA
The Bear Motion case, if it is the one I am thinking of, is almost identical to the Yoobao. I just love the very slim form factor, and for an inexpensive case, it really looks great.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The Skinny is the way to go. Don't waste your money on a smart cover. No protection whatsoever, flops open easily, leaves lines of dust on the screen and is overpriced.

Sanveann

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2009
Michigan
I saw that review before I ordered my Skinny but went ahead and got it due to all the positive comments here. I think the only criticism I agree with now that I've bought it is that the outer fabric could be nicer ... it's definitely not "luxe" looking or anything. But I'm not ashamed to be seen with it :) Would definite order one in leather, if they offer it at some point!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.