Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

extanker59

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
I was sitting in my easy chair watching TV and adding contacts (with birthdays) to my iPad Contacts. Then I went to the iPad calendar and, cool, the birthdays automatically showed up there! Very cool.

When I went to plug my iPad into my iMac, it went through all the sync stuff. I have "Sync all calendars" checked.
No birthdays or other events (paydays) went through to the iMac iCal. It did want to resolve a conflict with some holiday so it sees something.

I googled it and one guy said to go to iSync and "Reset sync history". Did that. Reconnected and still no deal.
No, I don't have MobileMe. It's supposed to work in iTunes. What am I doing wrong?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Did you set it up? Connect the iPad to your Mac and then open iTunes. Then in iTunes click on the iPad entry name. Then in the right window select the 'Info' button and select to sync your Calendars. Make sure is set to sync your data.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I've been using MobileMe for some time now. Whenever I enter something on my iPad or iPhone, it automagically shows up on my Mac and other devices... wirelessly. Unfortunately there is no such option for you until iCloud rolls out this fall and gives this capability to everyone for free.

I seem to recall that if I set up iTunes to "sync" my email with my iPod Touch, it only transferred the account setup information and my iPod Touch would go fetch email on its own. I had MobileMe before I had an iPod Touch so I never knew how to set up a cable based sync. While I imagine it is possible to sync over a usb cable, I've never seen it with my own eyes. There are a number of third party wireless sync options available that may tide you over until iCloud. One such option is google contacts and calendar. I would give that a try. Another option is to contact AppleCare and ask about the failure to sync. They may have a workaround to get cable sync working until iCloud becomes available.

extanker59

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2009
Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did set it up. Like I wrote, the sync all calendars is checked.
I understand that Mobileme is great. I googled this problem and all but one solution (the reset sync history) was to get mobileme- and pay for it. But iTunes is supossed to do the syncing with iCal.
I will follow your advice and contact Applecare.
Thanks to you both for responding.
Chris

Last edited:

Coach21

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
Hi All,

Same issue with my new iPad2.

It won't sync my calendar with iCal on my iMac.

My iPhone calendar will sync and so will everything else on my iPad, just not the calendar.

Any help out there. I've worked on this for half the day now and have no clue as to what else to try.

Thanks,

Andy

JILLHT

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2011
sync problems started with MobleME

I have an iPad that used to sync iCal info to my iMac. I signed up for MobileMe (big mistake) and had nothing but trouble. Multiple entries, missing data, etc. I dropped Mobile Me, reconstructed my data and went back to USB sync with iTunes. Everything works except iCal with my iPad data. It won't transfer to my Mac. My iCal data does transfer via USB from my iPOD. All the settings are correct on iTunes for Calendar sync. Any ideas? I am a newbie to this forum.

MrBetsa

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2011
I've had the same problem with syncing. It has seemed to have started after the last group of MS Office updates. Originally I thought it was an issue w/ Outlook but later discovered that Outlook was syncing with iCal with no issues.

Everything else syncs just fine but calendars hang. If someone finds a solution, I'd love to hear it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.