Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Jun 12, 2011, 10:28 PM   #1
leukotriene
macrumors regular

iCloud's missing feature: pushing app updates

This seems like a no-brainer: why didn't Apple make it so that app updates are automatically pushed to all your devices, and not just when you buy an app for the first time? I know that my wife always has 42 or so pending app updates on her iPhone because she hates to go into the iPhone App Store and manually tap "Update All".

If my iPhone and her iPhone are registered under the same iCloud account, then when I buy a new app, it automatically gets pushed to her phone. That's a very cool feature. But when that same app finally gets an update, and I update it on my iphone, that newest version of the app does not get pushed down to my wife's iPhone. Am I missing something? (I'm asking because the whole iCloud thing is starting to get confusing when you've got several people in the same household sharing the same AppleID.)
leukotriene is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 07:43 AM   #2
maflynn

Doesn't the app store do that for you? One of the features being touted with iOS5 is automatic updates.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services