Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jun 13, 2011, 10:38 AM   #1
mgeyster
macrumors member

Send a message via Skype™ to mgeyster
New iPad Stylus: The Artistree Stylus

Hey guys,

Have you seen this stylus? As far as I know it's the first dual tip capacitive stylus that's great for writing and drawing. It's classier than the standard styluses out there. Heres the link:http://kck.st/kCDXGZ

Last edited by mgeyster; Jun 13, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
mgeyster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 11:59 AM   #2
farme
macrumors member

It definitely looks like a good idea.
I "pledged my part"
farme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2011, 03:29 PM   #3
SmithErick
macrumors member

I'm in also. Looks like a good idea.
SmithErick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:32 AM   #4
muymal
macrumors member

if that fine tip really works, this could be awesome! but the video doesn't really show it that clearly...
muymal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:49 AM   #5
nineohtoo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to nineohtoo
I just pledged. Hopefully the matte finish won't give me the same problems I seem to be having with my wacom bamboo.
nineohtoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 07:52 AM   #6
GaresTaylan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post
I just pledged. Hopefully the matte finish won't give me the same problems I seem to be having with my wacom bamboo.
Care to elaborate please? I have been looking at the bamboo stylus.
GaresTaylan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:20 AM   #7
mgeyster
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineohtoo View Post
Only the prototype has the matte finish. The retail version will be made of anodized aluminum.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:21 AM   #8
mgeyster
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muymal View Post
if that fine tip really works, this could be awesome! but the video doesn't really show it that clearly...
The fine tip works great. I am working on an updated video that shows the fine tip in action more.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:05 PM   #9
3goldens
macrumors 68000

I to would like to know what kind of problems nineohtoo is having with the matte finish on the Bamboo, I have been using this stylus successfully and without any issuers what so ever. I'm not sure what kind of problems the shaft of a stylus could give any one so this should be interesting.

With regard to the Artistree I would be interested in seeing a better view of the fine point in action and what the final product will look like. I kind of like the black finish but always like seeing what the final design looks like. I have done it several times now and ordered another stylus on Kick a while back, and by the time the final product rolled around they completely changed the finish on the thing, and I hate it. So I'm not sure I want to go down that road again.

It looks really nice, and I would probably consider backing but I'm a little hessitant on these Kickstarter things right now, the final design thing being one thing the other, being the non existent time line of these ventures. Seems like one has no choice but to wait for an undetermined period of time for some of these things. I might also just opt to wait till it goes retail.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 03:06 AM   #10
nineohtoo
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to nineohtoo
It appears my issue might be related to my screen film, and NOT the bamboo. I used my bamboo on my iPhone 4 with a Power Support film, and it works fantastic. But on my iPad 2 with an SGP film, there seems to be a delay non existent when using my alupen. I've been on a trip and haven't had the opportunity to find another iPad w/o a film or different film to test the stylus. I also don't want to lose the twenty bucks I spent on the SGP film.
nineohtoo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:23 PM   #11
SicMX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muymal View Post
I doubt it works. Otherwise someone else would have though of using a thinner tip
SicMX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 04:11 AM   #12
misdy
macrumors member

Maybe it works held at an angle, but straight on, with that thin tip, no way.
misdy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:51 PM   #13
farme
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misdy View Post
Maybe it works held at an angle, but straight on, with that thin tip, no way.
Given the lack of an update for a video about the fine tip (even after being repeatedly asked about it), i have to agree with you.
The designer blaims the failure of the project getting funded on the lack of blogs covering it. I would blame it on his inability to show conclusive evidence that his stylus really works as advertised....
farme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:20 AM   #14
grimmace
macrumors regular

Jott Pro, Jott Touch... That is the way to go.
iPad Air
grimmace is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Tags
ipad, ipad 2, stylus