Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mgeyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
MA
Hey guys,

Have you seen this stylus? As far as I know it's the first dual tip capacitive stylus that's great for writing and drawing. It's classier than the standard styluses out there. Heres the link:http://kck.st/kCDXGZ

slide-image-1.jpg

Last edited:

muymal

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2007
if that fine tip really works, this could be awesome! but the video doesn't really show it that clearly...

mgeyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
MA
I just pledged. Hopefully the matte finish won't give me the same problems I seem to be having with my wacom bamboo.

Only the prototype has the matte finish. The retail version will be made of anodized aluminum. :)

mgeyster

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
MA
if that fine tip really works, this could be awesome! but the video doesn't really show it that clearly...

The fine tip works great. I am working on an updated video that shows the fine tip in action more.

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
I to would like to know what kind of problems nineohtoo is having with the matte finish on the Bamboo, I have been using this stylus successfully and without any issuers what so ever. I'm not sure what kind of problems the shaft of a stylus could give any one so this should be interesting.

With regard to the Artistree I would be interested in seeing a better view of the fine point in action and what the final product will look like. I kind of like the black finish but always like seeing what the final design looks like. I have done it several times now and ordered another stylus on Kick a while back, and by the time the final product rolled around they completely changed the finish on the thing, and I hate it. So I'm not sure I want to go down that road again.

It looks really nice, and I would probably consider backing but I'm a little hessitant on these Kickstarter things right now, the final design thing being one thing the other, being the non existent time line of these ventures. Seems like one has no choice but to wait for an undetermined period of time for some of these things. I might also just opt to wait till it goes retail.

nineohtoo

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
SF Bay Area
It appears my issue might be related to my screen film, and NOT the bamboo. I used my bamboo on my iPhone 4 with a Power Support film, and it works fantastic. But on my iPad 2 with an SGP film, there seems to be a delay non existent when using my alupen. I've been on a trip and haven't had the opportunity to find another iPad w/o a film or different film to test the stylus. I also don't want to lose the twenty bucks I spent on the SGP film.

misdy

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2011
Maybe it works held at an angle, but straight on, with that thin tip, no way.

farme

macrumors member
Mar 16, 2011
Maybe it works held at an angle, but straight on, with that thin tip, no way.

Given the lack of an update for a video about the fine tip (even after being repeatedly asked about it), i have to agree with you.
The designer blaims the failure of the project getting funded on the lack of blogs covering it. I would blame it on his inability to show conclusive evidence that his stylus really works as advertised....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.