Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 14, 2011, 02:45 AM   #1
Coheed999
macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 emergency calls only. Is there a way of finding what network my phone is on?

Right i purchased an iphone from ebay, the seller wasnt sure if it was locked or unlocked but said he "thinks" it was on orange network.

Received the phone and turned it on, get the no sim message. Used a micro sim cutter to cut an orange sim down to size, still get the emergency call and connect to itunes screen. Plugged it to itunes and it says its not a supported sim. Great.

So i tried the same with an o2 sim, same message, i have since tried it with official micro sims from tmobile and vodaphone same message.

Am i doing something wrong, or is it likely to be on a network i have yet to try?

PLEASE HELP iv had it weeks and just want to use the thing.
Coheed999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 08:46 AM   #2
d123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coheed999 View Post
Right i purchased an iphone from ebay, the seller wasnt sure if it was locked or unlocked but said he "thinks" it was on orange network.

Received the phone and turned it on, get the no sim message. Used a micro sim cutter to cut an orange sim down to size, still get the emergency call and connect to itunes screen. Plugged it to itunes and it says its not a supported sim. Great.

So i tried the same with an o2 sim, same message, i have since tried it with official micro sims from tmobile and vodaphone same message.

Am i doing something wrong, or is it likely to be on a network i have yet to try?

PLEASE HELP iv had it weeks and just want to use the thing.
Only other network to check would be 3UK, other than that, contact Apple and ask them?
d123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2011, 09:06 AM   #3
Coheed999
macrumors newbie

Yeah iv today ordered 3 and tesco sims, if not ill ring apple. So annoying, i cant even use the apps as i cant turn the thing on.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 04:22 AM   #4
Coheed999
macrumors newbie

Is there any way of finding out what network my phone is on via the imei

As title, i have bought an iphone 4 from ebay that was said to be on orange, iv tried an orange sim but no luck. How do i find out the network?

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting