Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dromedaris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
So I ordered an unlocked white iPhone 4 16GB today as a present for my girl.

FACTS:
- I live in Belgium (Europe, so you know)
- I have a Belgian MasterCard
- I ordered in the name of my uncle living in Florida, so shipping obviously to my uncle
- I ordered it in the US online Apple Store, cause I save a lot of money when buying it in the US instead of here in Belgium (I save around 150USD)
- The order is visible in the order history of my account

BUT:
- Didn't got my confirmation email from Apple (yet)

QUESTION IS:
What is the problem? Please clearify me! :cool: Thanks!

dromedaris

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Wait a few hours....?

Is it normal for Apple to take them hours to send a confirmation email? Never ordered on the Apple website before so I can't tell.

Never experienced this with any other website as well, to take that long to send a confirmation email.

Why does it take that long?

And sorry that I'm pushing it, but it is urgent as I need it before the 23rd :)

cheesed off

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2010
Sorry but I doubt that it will work.

I had a customer try to do this before but the order was rejected because the credit card wasn't issued in the U.S. When you order from the online store they need to verify the billing address of the credit card and because they only give the option for a U.S. address your card will very likely be rejected. You may want to have your uncle order it on his card and then pay him back. Just a thought... Good luck! :eek:

Bonilla

macrumors member
May 14, 2011
México.
I had a customer try to do this before but the order was rejected because the credit card wasn't issued in the U.S. When you order from the online store they need to verify the billing address of the credit card and because they only give the option for a U.S. address your card will very likely be rejected. You may want to have your uncle order it on his card and then pay him back. Just a thought... Good luck! :eek:

It is true i want to buy a macbook pro with a credit card with adress on Mexico and i can´t get it. I need to ask the favor to some friends at san antonio and they asked for me with his credit card US.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
1. Your billing address doesn't match. Order might be rejected.

2. After shipping / insurance / duty it'll be the same price.

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
Wait for few hours like others have said.

Last year I used my US credit card to order an iPhone from Canadian Apple store, I used my friend's address in Canada and the order went through without any issues.

plumosa

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
Australia
you may just need to call apple and confirm your identity and billing/shipping info. I've had to do that several times when buying things internationally.

The worst one ever was a plane ticket, I had to scan in my passport, front and back of my credit card and a signed statement!

They will tell you if they need you to contact them. Since its being shipped only to a US address, I feel like eventually you'll get your way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.