Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 25, 2005, 03:59 PM   #1
Limblifter
macrumors newbie

Support For Dented iPod (Unrelated To Dent)

Alright, here's the story.

I'm recently dented my iPod by dropping it. While cosmetically it's damaged, it plays PERFECTLY, as if nothing happened at all. (I'm listening to it as I type this.)

Now, think 6 months down the road. Say, for instance, my hard drive were to die for any given reason. I'm aware that Apple services dead hard drives(under AppleCare, at least), generally by giving a replacement iPod. But I'm also aware that Apple doesn't service damaged iPods/iPods with accidental damage.

So, if I sent in my dead iPod in for service for the HD, would Apple reject me for service because of that dent? The dent has not caused any problems, and I'm not sending it in to have the dent fixed, but I fear that they would reject it solely on it
Limblifter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 04:01 PM   #2
edesignuk
Moderator emeritus

I have no idea, but I'd take it in to a store (if you can), and try and get some sort of signed document from them to say that they have seen the dent, and know that the iPod is in perfect working order.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 04:05 PM   #3
Limblifter
macrumors newbie

Actually, that's a decent idea. Now if only Apple would build a store near me that isn't 3 days drive away...

Well, I'll be headed towards an Apple store later on anyways, so that's all well and good, thanks.

Anyone else with some insight into this?
Limblifter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:13 AM   #4
JeDiBoYTJ
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to JeDiBoYTJ
they should. ive had my iPod replaced twice under warrenty, the latest one had a small dent on the corner from it falling previously (like yours). mine kept working perfectly, then it started to have weird issues, which I dont think had anything to do with dropping it (8 months later).
JeDiBoYTJ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:57 AM   #5
keithpetey
macrumors member

do it kidnapping style. take a camcorder or camera and show your ipod with the dent and something that tells the date that you cannot change like on a news channel or a newspaper. make sure to also show that its in working order so have it play some music.
keithpetey is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod