Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:10 PM   #1
holyindian
macrumors 6502

How to hide Icons/Apps on the iPad 2?

Hi all,

I have a couple of apps that i downloaded from AppStore , that i would like to keep hidden.
Is there any way i can hide these apps/icons??

I know there is a way to hide the default ipad icons such as itues, appstore, etc. But they are the default ipad apps. What about third party apps from app store?
holyindian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:16 PM   #2
xraytech
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post
Hi all,

I have a couple of apps that i downloaded from AppStore , that i would like to keep hidden.
Is there any way i can hide these apps/icons??

I know there is a way to hide the default ipad icons such as itues, appstore, etc. But they are the default ipad apps. What about third party apps from app store?
There is but you have to Jailbreak you iPad.

Google SBSettings
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:18 PM   #3
holyindian
macrumors 6502

yea i use SBSetting on iphone to hide my icons. I was thinking if there is any paid app that can do this from app store.. or some other trick that i know not of.
holyindian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:19 PM   #4
smoge
macrumors regular

this is a half solution, the app can only be accessed by the search page.

step 1 : Delete app.

step 2 : you need to fill all app space so empty all folders and fill remaining space with apps and safari bookmarks.

step 3: re-download app,
step 3.5 : you can delete some apps if you what but the app will not stay hidden if you have free space so it will just appear (not straight away).

Hoped that help (thats the only way I know)
smoge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2011, 06:53 PM   #5
Night Spring
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoge View Post
this is a half solution, the app can only be accessed by the search page.

step 1 : Delete app.

step 2 : you need to fill all app space so empty all folders and fill remaining space with apps and safari bookmarks.

step 3: re-download app,
step 3.5 : you can delete some apps if you what but the app will not stay hidden if you have free space so it will just appear (not straight away).

Hoped that help (thats the only way I know)
There's no need to delete and redownload the app, just put the app in the last position on the last page, then move in another app into the last page. This should bump the last app into the page beyond the last page, making it hidden.

Also, each page before the last page only needs to have one app.

It still seems like a lot of work to hide an app, though.
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting