Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrsAustin2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Hello All,

I drove over my iPhone 4 today and needless to say the LCD and Digitizer are toast. I have my super old iPhone 3G and I wanted to use it until I either get a new phone or have my 4 replaced, however, I cannot remember my old passcode. I have put the wrong number in so much it has completely disabled itself and is asking me to connect to iTunes. Seems easy however my computer had a virus and the hard drive was wiped to restore it and the new iTunes does not recognize my old phone. I tried all the tips to put it into recovery mode but the home button does not work. is there another way to unlock my phone. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Sincerely,
Going Crazy Without My Phone:confused:

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
LOL dude you stole that iphone and we all know it

Hate to agree with these posts, but considering OP joined today ... that seems a bit suspicious. (though it makes perfect sense to join a forum to ask a question). The only way I would believe it is if the OP posted a picture of the trashed iPhone.

Sorry OP, but too many people come up with stolen devices trying to bypass the passcode.

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
Understand that many come here with an iphone obtained from many ill gotten means. Regardless however, but if you google around and search high and low you'll find your answer. OR, you'll take your iphone 4 into the apple store and get a refurb for the amazing low price of $200.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
What I woud do in this situation is make an appointment over at your local Apple store.

Hopefully they can help you out and maybe even replace it depending on how honest you are about the situation

MrsAustin2010

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
Understand that many come here with an iphone obtained from many ill gotten means. Regardless however, but if you google around and search high and low you'll find your answer. OR, you'll take your iphone 4 into the apple store and get a refurb for the amazing low price of $200.

I have googled around and everyting says to hold home button and lock button at the same time but the home button on my old phone does not work which is why I have come here... would love to get a new one at the amazingly low price of $200 but I just got my 4 last september I'm not due for an upgrade till then... cant afford to buy a new one for the full price which is why I am trying to use my old one... this is really crappy... I legitametly have a question that I need help with and all I get is sarcasm:(.

Hate to agree with these posts, but considering OP joined today ... that seems a bit suspicious. (though it makes perfect sense to join a forum to ask a question). The only way I would believe it is if the OP posted a picture of the trashed iPhone.

Sorry OP, but too many people come up with stolen devices trying to bypass the passcode.

if my old phone wasnt locked and my new phone wasnt in shambles I could take a picture and text it, email it, post it, or whatever else... and I wouldnt need your help.... thanks anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

StevenT42

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
would love to get a new one at the amazingly low price of $200

Either call Apple support, or see a Genius at the Apple Store. They charge $200 (actually, $199) to replace iPhone 4's with broken screens. Now you may have an issue with one that has been run over by a car, but it never hurts to ask.

MotleyGrrl

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Chicago, IL
You can get a new one at the 'amazing low price' of $200 if you take it to Apple. I believe that's the price of a replacement. Who knows, you might get lucky and get it replaced for free!

Ksizzle9

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

I only have a few post, and not much room to talk. But damn, if it's stolen he will get what is coming to him. If it's not, he will never get to use his phone bc someone being a brat. If I knew I would tell you. Sorry man.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
Take your iPhone to an Apple Genius and they'll replace it for you for $200. It'll be a replacement phone that won't extend or renew your contract. You are simply swapping phones for $200. Other than that, I don't think you're going to get much help here unlocking your iPhone.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

I agree.
If its not restoring its probably a hardware issue. And if you drove over it then most likely nothing will work even if you could restore it.
Bring it to Apple and have them replace it for $200.
It doesnt matter when you bought and it will not touch your subsidy or extend your contract. Its just an out of warranty replacement that they been offering for years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.