Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:57 AM   #1
cleo
macrumors 65816

Smart playlist rules too long for my screen... workaround?

Ok, I'm sure there's gotta be a way to work around this, I'm afraid I just can't figure it out. Ever since I got my Shuffle I've been rediscovering the joy of playlists. (I never was much for mixed tapes... I'm too neurotic, really, and would spend hours figuring out which order the songs should go in until I just admitted my ineptitude and gave up. And with my "big" iPod, I just listen by artist or album... very vanilla.)

So anyway, I have this smart playlist called "Work Music" which is basically easy-listening music -- nothing that will get me singing along to the point that I lose my concentration. So I started out by adding the entire "Ambient" genre, then started adding specific artists that are easy-listening but come from other genres (Moby, Jewel, James Taylor, Norah Jones, et cetera). The problem is that pretty soon the form where I define the rules for my playlist got longer than the height of my display (I'm on a 12" iBook) and I can no longer get to the "Ok" button at the bottom of the form. So what's your advice? Should I scrap it and just make it a regular ("dumb"?) playlist? Or is there some other way to work around this so it can still be a smart playlist?
cleo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Mitthrawnuruodo

I've had that problem too...

The easiest workaround is to make a couple of different smart playlist and then have one smart playlist which consists of those playlists...

The problem is that you get a lot of (helper) playlists... hope iTunes 5 (or even 4.8) will let you gather playlists in folders, like iPhoto, just because of this...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod