Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 17, 2011, 11:56 AM   #1
Mike in Mass
macrumors newbie

How do I sync Contacts between iPad and iPhone?

Hi all,

Had iPad first, with lots of contact info stored in the Contact app that came with the device. Just got my first iPhone and would now like to share/sync the contacts in my Ipad with my iPhone.

Couldn't find the controls / options in iTunes to get that done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike in Mass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 12:47 PM   #2
heisenberg123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Mass View Post
Hi all,

Had iPad first, with lots of contact info stored in the Contact app that came with the device. Just got my first iPhone and would now like to share/sync the contacts in my Ipad with my iPhone.

Couldn't find the controls / options in iTunes to get that done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
well if your on windows you can use itunes to sync the ipad contacts to your windows contacts, then vice versa on the iphone
heisenberg123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:23 PM   #3
kicko
macrumors 65816

I'd suggest syncing the contacts to google or mobile.me, but mobile.me i believe is not longer possible to sign up for until its the full icould version in the fall.

I prefer the google method myself just because i went from an iphone to a droid and back to an iphone without doing anything but plugging the account in the phone or ipad. PLus they will sync over the air so changes are instantly updated.
kicko is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:36 PM   #4
Big D 51
macrumors 6502a

I used MobileMe. It worked perfectly.
Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Nevrsadie
macrumors regular

Ditto with google. Another alternative that i use for backup is iDrive. You sign up online and then download the app to your phone/ipad. Backup the contacts and then you can sync it to whatever idevice you want with that app. And of course its free, cuase im a cheap sob. I use it as a fail safe incase something goes fubar with google.
Nevrsadie is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting