Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike in Mass

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
Hi all,

Had iPad first, with lots of contact info stored in the Contact app that came with the device. Just got my first iPhone and would now like to share/sync the contacts in my Ipad with my iPhone.

Couldn't find the controls / options in iTunes to get that done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi all,

Had iPad first, with lots of contact info stored in the Contact app that came with the device. Just got my first iPhone and would now like to share/sync the contacts in my Ipad with my iPhone.

Couldn't find the controls / options in iTunes to get that done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

well if your on windows you can use itunes to sync the ipad contacts to your windows contacts, then vice versa on the iphone

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I'd suggest syncing the contacts to google or mobile.me, but mobile.me i believe is not longer possible to sign up for until its the full icould version in the fall.

I prefer the google method myself just because i went from an iphone to a droid and back to an iphone without doing anything but plugging the account in the phone or ipad. PLus they will sync over the air so changes are instantly updated.

Nevrsadie

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2006
Dark side of the monitor
Ditto with google. Another alternative that i use for backup is iDrive. You sign up online and then download the app to your phone/ipad. Backup the contacts and then you can sync it to whatever idevice you want with that app. And of course its free, cuase im a cheap sob. I use it as a fail safe incase something goes fubar with google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.