Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Jun 17, 2011, 01:46 PM   #1
Joel95
macrumors member

Macbook randomly loses power?

My white Macbook is randomly losing power and shutting down, even with charger and battery in. It makes the sound that when you hold the power button to force shut down the mac.

When i boot my Macbook, it would make the chime, then suddenly lose power and shut off. Sometimes this would happen before the chime or mid-chime or when I've logged in. After losing power and shutting off, it would boot again, then shutdown, etc.

I've been able to observe this problem with different batteries installed, with charger plugged in + battery and just the charger plugged-so i don't think it's not the battery's problem.
Joel95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2011, 02:24 PM   #2
psxguru
macrumors 6502a

Any messages in the console logs?

You got any temperature monitor programs installed to see if it's overheating and shutting down due to reaching the heat protect threshold?
psxguru is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2011, 04:24 AM   #3
Joel95
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psxguru View Post
Any messages in the console logs?

You got any temperature monitor programs installed to see if it's overheating and shutting down due to reaching the heat protect threshold?
It's definitely not overheating. I can't even boot my macbook now and it's been off the whole night. As for console logs, I'll try if i can get into the OS
Joel95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:00 PM   #4
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel95 View Post
My white Macbook is randomly losing power and shutting down, even with charger and battery in.
Try resetting the SMC.
This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
Apple Notebook Battery FAQ
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook