Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stefmesman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Netherlands
i yesterday migrated my imac files to my new macbook pro.

on my imac i had a folder in the sidebar in the finder. wich is an alias to a folder inside my finder, right now i cant delete or do anything with that folder.

when i drag something on it it says it lost its link to the folder it was an alias from. and asks if u want to relink the folder. but i cant link anything to it.

does anyone know how i can delete this folder or make it link back to the original folder?

please help :)

thanks!

Last edited:

Detrius

macrumors 68000
Sep 10, 2008
Apex, NC
Anything that's in the sidebar, you can just drag out of the sidebar, and then it's gone. Is this what you're asking?

stefmesman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Netherlands
Anything that's in the sidebar, you can just drag out of the sidebar, and then it's gone. Is this what you're asking?

when i drag it outside the window it just pops back in.

i mean the side window where also
Documents, downloads, movies, user is located.

an all of the above if i right click t i can choose delete but i can not on the alias folder. it just asks if i want to show the sidebar preferences. :confused:

EDIT: LOL! fixed it, tried holding command while dragging it out and it worked, thanks for helping. i feel like a noob have been working on osx for ages XD

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.