Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:37 PM   #1
Noctilux.95
macrumors 6502

Question about migration (Mac Pro internal Drives)

Is it possible to migrate all my info (OSX 10.6, Apps, etc..) from my internal boot up HD to another internal HD?

I'm running out of room and would like to migrate to a larger HD.

Thanks!
Noctilux.95 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:56 PM   #2
TEG
macrumors 604

Send a message via ICQ to TEG Send a message via AIM to TEG Send a message via MSN to TEG Send a message via Yahoo to TEG Send a message via Skype™ to TEG
Yes, there are several pieces of cloning software out there, just search for them. Additionally, you can actually use disk utility on your system CD to create an image of your existing drive then expand that image on your new drive. However, you are better off, just rebuilding your system on your new drive, do you can avoid any crap you've accumulated over the years, and you can keep your bookmarks and passwords by moving over those specific folders to their proper locations on your computer.

TEG

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking