Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Mar 27, 2005, 09:24 PM   #1
COACH22
macrumors newbie

Final Cut Sound Effects?

Are there any sound effects in Final Cut like there are in IMovie? Can you import sound effects from IMovie to Final Cut?
COACH22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 07:48 PM   #2
Rod Rod
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by COACH22
Are there any sound effects in Final Cut like there are in IMovie? Can you import sound effects from IMovie to Final Cut?
Yes, there are dozens of sound effects for Final Cut Pro. They're found in Soundtrack. You can use iMovie's sound effects in Final Cut. Just locate where the iMovie sound effects are and import that whole folder into your FCP project.

Soundtrack lets you view the video while you apply sound effects, so you can time everything just so. Soundtrack doesn't have everything though. For example, I needed a flashbulb sound effect, and it wasn't in Soundtrack, so I found a free flashbulb sound effect, converted it to AIFF, then used Soundtrack Loop Utility to add it to my Soundtrack library.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store