Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrguidogenio

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Argentina
The iPod Touch is usually presented along with the other iPods types in Apple Keynote on September 1. However, as no iPhone 5/4s has been released yet, the release of the iPod Touch might be delayed after the iPhone is out.

Mrguidogenio

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2011
Argentina
I think he is taking the rumor that says the iPod Touch will disappear and Apple will sell an unlocked iPhone with less hardware capability than the future iPhone 5/4s.

smoge

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
The iphone5 will come out when the ipod touch should, i dont think apple will not wont to realese them together or it will saturate the market, so they will realese it before or after the iphone5 is out and as there is no leaks like there is with the iphone5 my guess is it will come out after, if it coms out after you will probably beadle to buy a iphone 4 for the same price as they would bring out a new ipod at.

Plus there is no listing of ios sporting a new ipod as there is with it sporting a new iphone.

smoge

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2011
Yes, you're right, but i don't know. I will probably wait for ipod touch 5g, if it comes out.

If they did bring out a new ipod touch what would you like to see new, or just a spec upgrade.. camera processor ect

ESPN

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Somewhere in September.

This year, iPhone and the iPods may be released simulataneously, there is no reason to stop the annual update of the ipod touches as that will hurt their stock and leave stock holders scratching their head. Its hard to imagine another good time when the ipods will be released besides September. Anyways Apple may be changing Septembers to only release hardware and their WWDC from now on will only release software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.