Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jun 20, 2011, 08:52 PM   #1
emeraldbullet
macrumors newbie

MacBook not recognizing SD card?

Hi. I'm Gabi, and this is my first post.
Anyway, I'm trying to root my Nook Color, and I need to use a micro SD card. I have an adapter, and a USB plug that the adapter plugs into. The first time that I plugged it in, it worked and recognized fine, but then when I took it out and put it back in for the next step, my Mac wouldn't recognize it! I went to Disk Utility and it showed up there, but then I ejected it, seeing what would happen. And now every time I plug it in, it doesn't recognize! I even went to Terminal and typed in diskutil list, and it didn't show up on there, disk utility, or system profiler.
Help!!

Oh and PS - I'm running version 10.6.7
emeraldbullet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2
dgbowers
macrumors member

Can you still see it in Disk Utility? If you can then it probably has some sort of formatting on it that OS X can't recognize and mount. I'm not sure what filesystem Android runs on...

Worst case scenario, download VirtualBox and a Linux distro. and try using that.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help