Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook

Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:00 PM   #1
cherylshah
macrumors newbie

Best Laptop for my 6th grader

Which mac book would be best for my 6th & 4th graders? Not sure if it's worth spending the money on a mac book when they are so young. Sounds like it may be better to wait until the kids are in HS or college.
cherylshah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:04 PM   #2
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylshah View Post
Which mac book would be best for my 6th & 4th graders? Not sure if it's worth spending the money on a mac book when they are so young. Sounds like it may be better to wait until the kids are in HS or college.
I think you posted this in the wrong forum.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:04 PM   #3
wordoflife
macrumors 604

Quote:
Just so you know you posted this in the iPhone section of the forum.
As for your kids, anything will do for them at this age. Just get the best specced computer you find at Bestbuy that's ≤$450.
wordoflife is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2011, 11:29 PM   #4
Reach9
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Thank you mod for moving the thread.

You kind of answered your own question. I wouldn't give my 6th grader a Mac. If anything, I would have an iMac at home for myself, that they might use. But preferably give them their own HP or Dell desktops.
Macs are expensive, and it's important for kids to learn the value of money (imo).
I got my first Mac when i went to college, so i think you have the right thought. If you want to get a laptop, get a cheap one at Best Buy.
Reach9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook