Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keaide

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2010
Does anyone know how to define a gesture with MagicPrefs to hide the currently active app? It offers the possibility to hide "all other apps", but not the current one.

When I try to define a keyboard shortcut, pressing Command+h in the shortcut definition box actually hides the system preferences app, but does define the shortcut in the app.

Any ideas?

Gridl0k

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
...because I ran into this, and couldn't find an easy answer:

Save this as an AppleScript using AppleScript Editor (just paste it into the window):

Code:
tell application "System Events" to ¬
set visible of first application process ¬
whose frontmost is true to false

Open Magicprefs, choose the gesture you want to use (I went with 2 fingers swipe down), choose "Manage AppleScript Actions", choose the script you just saved.

Then go back into the gesture's drop down and the script should be listed at the bottom.

Bit of a long way round but works for me.

Last edited:

webknows

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2010
Sao Paulo, Brazil
...because I ran into this, and couldn't find an easy answer:

Save this as an AppleScript using AppleScript Editor (just paste it into the window):

Code:
tell application "System Events" to ¬
set visible of first application process ¬
whose frontmost is true to false

Open Magicprefs, choose the gesture you want to use (I went with 2 fingers swipe down), choose "Manage AppleScript Actions", choose the script you just saved.

Then go back into the gesture's drop down and the script should be listed at the bottom.

Bit of a long way round but works for me.

Thank you! I ran into the same "problem" and your solution worked like a champ for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.