Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robla64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I love my g4 imac (lamp shape).... the retro look is a conversation piece on my desk.

Now I need some cool wallpaper designs to really make it stand out.
Any suggestions or links?
BTW its a 1024 x768 (15" screen)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Google returned 2,150,000 results for iMac G4 wallpaper. Were those sites inadequate?

robla64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
OK.... rather than use the needle in a haystack approach. I thought I would post in a Mac enthusiast forum for some hidden gems.
I am currently using some retro designs that I found using Google.

If you don't like my post.... just move on to the next thread.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
OK.... rather than use the needle in a haystack approach. I thought I would post in a Mac enthusiast forum for some hidden gems.
I am currently using some retro designs that I found using Google.

If you don't like my post.... just move on to the next thread.

If you don't like those kind of responses then don't ask silly little questions like this. Sorry to sound rude but if you need help finding wallpaper then I wonder how you even know how to turn your computer on.

Not only are these type of threads a waste of forum space but they make you look completely inept. Whether thats the goal or not it certainly is the end result.

robla64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Zen. You average 30 posts a day over a 6 year period. I'm sure none of your messages are a waste of space.

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
Zen. You average 30 posts a day over a 6 year period. I'm sure none of your messages are a waste of space.

You can't even read figures properly. I average 0.49 posts per day as my profile clearly shows. That means 1 post every 2 days.. not 30 a day you poor delusional person you.

Get a grip and ask some real questions. Also, maybe try learning to read numbers properly.

Edit:

I just did the math and 30 posts per day over 6 years is 65,700. I have 1,118. Only off by about 64,000 posts huh?

Last edited:

zen.state

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2005
I personally like OS X's built in wallpapers. But, remember, Google is your friend!

I just use a solid black background. No icons on the DT at all and use Quicksilver to open everything. Dock only has what is running.

adcx64

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2008
Philadelphia
I just use a solid black background. No icons on the DT at all and use Quicksilver to open everything. Dock only has what is running.

I had my eMac like that at one point, just with a blue background, I wasn't a big fan of it, so now I keep the stock Leopard look.

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO
I assume you have OS X on it?

If so it should be at least panther (before that OS X wasn't entirely usable), so why not use the default panther desktop?

It is this one by the way:
macosx103.png

Or you go with an pre-OS X desktop
(Tiled image)
macos90-1-1.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.