Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:34 PM   #1
TOTC
macrumors newbie

Question iPhone 3G does not charge but seemingly recognizes plug-in cord

Hi, all. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I dug through the back threads and didn't see a similar problem.

OK, so I replaced the battery in my 3G. Phone works great -- but when I plug in the USB cord, it doesn't seem to want to charge.

I turn the phone off, take the cord out, then wait a few seconds. When I plug the cord back in, the phone turns back on (i.e., silver Apple logo).

Any thoughts as to what is going on here?
TOTC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 10:54 PM   #2
devilkin4
macrumors newbie

im having the same problem and i know its not the power cord for usb or wall outlet or car charger cause i have another iphone and it picks up as soon as i plug it in so im stumped just like you. i want to fix this since this iphone is one that i jailbroke
devilkin4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:04 PM   #3
TOTC
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkin4 View Post
im having the same problem and i know its not the power cord for usb or wall outlet or car charger cause i have another iphone and it picks up as soon as i plug it in so im stumped just like you. i want to fix this since this iphone is one that i jailbroke
Did you replace the battery recently?
TOTC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2011, 09:37 AM   #4
evanliewer
macrumors newbie

Same Issue

I am faced with the same issue. It happened before i replaced the battery, the phone stopped taking a charge and eventually it completely died. I live on an island and there are no apple stores near me so I decided to do a battery replace. Everything went great, phone booted up with 40% power. Nothing I try can get it to charge, but when the phone is off and i plug in the cable the phone does "Wake-up". Any suggestions?
evanliewer is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting