Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jun 21, 2011, 11:54 PM   #1
Mr Mufakka
macrumors newbie

Mail CC problem

Hello

I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've got two email addresses (same domain) that are experiencing this problem.

To begin with, the email is a pop account. It is being automatically forward to an exchange account. (This was done because there are several pop emails on the .com server. I was told that any addresses that we want to change to exchange had to be under a different domain. The exchange accounts are .net). The exchange account is what is set up in Mail.

The problem is, when a reply is sent to an email, there is a copy of the email sent right back to the exchange account.

In other words...

John sends an email to jane@abc.com. The email is automatically fwd'd to jane@abc.net behind the scenes and shows up in her Apple Mail. When she replies, the original sender receives her reply but there is also a reply sent to her inbox.

Hopefully that all is not too confusing. It is late around here...
Mr Mufakka is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2011, 08:41 AM   #2
LazyMacGuy
macrumors member

Check if there are any rules set up for whatever reason. This would cause the emails to be automatically cc'd. outlook > tools > rules
Old Nov 4, 2012, 02:44 PM   #3
C5Longhorn
macrumors regular

I'm having this exact issue now. It just showed up with ios6. I'm getting cc'd when I reply to an email I received.
C5Longhorn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store