Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:42 AM   #1
KillerTree
macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My iPhone seems to hold its charge way worse and it's still under warranty. How does Apple test to see if I'm qualified for a free battery replacement?

I'm asking this because I don't want to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to be told I'm not qualified.

Last edited by KillerTree; Jun 22, 2011 at 02:44 AM.
KillerTree is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 02:50 AM   #2
Azzin
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTree View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

My iPhone seems to hold its charge way worse and it's still under warranty. How does Apple test to see if I'm qualified for a free battery replacement?

I'm asking this because I don't want to drive 1 hour and 20 minutes to be told I'm not qualified.
I had my launch day i4 swapped out (for a brand new model as it tuned out! ) at my local Apple store a few weeks back.

The battery wasn't lasting more than a few hours, so he connected using some kit on his iPhone, ran some tests and told me it was a "software issue".

I pointed out that I had the same poor battery life on 4.3.2 and that it continued even after I went to 4.3.3, so he then offered a swap.
Azzin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:23 AM   #3
The Californian
macrumors 68040

Their diagnostic software will pull up your usage history including how much usage you get out of it and how much standby time you get out of it.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 10:09 AM   #4
jenzjen
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerTree View Post

Any reason you're asking the same exact question on the iPad forums ... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1174822? I won't pass judgment but very rare for both of your devices to be deteriorating at the same time.
jenzjen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:17 AM   #5
AndrewR23
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzin View Post
I had my launch day i4 swapped out (for a brand new model as it tuned out! ) at my local Apple store a few weeks back.

The battery wasn't lasting more than a few hours, so he connected using some kit on his iPhone, ran some tests and told me it was a "software issue".

I pointed out that I had the same poor battery life on 4.3.2 and that it continued even after I went to 4.3.3, so he then offered a swap.
Curious how you got a brand new one ? I'm assuming you mean in the white box with all new headphones. etc.

Applecare told me this process will never happen because they have to use an upgrade to give a brand new one.
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:22 AM   #6
the.sheepdog
macrumors regular

Don't believe it. Apple and ATT can do anything the decide to want to do. I was asked 4 months early if I would stay with ATT. I told them I didn't know yet and was looking around at Sprint.

They came back with a free white iP4 not an upgrade. They did want a new 2 yr contract however. That isn't a biggie as I was going to stay anyway.

So like I said before, Apple and ATT can do whatever they want. Mine was over the phone and shipped to my door.
IPad 2 16gb WiFi/3G white for the wife!
the.sheepdog is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2011, 11:27 AM   #7
AndrewR23
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.sheepdog View Post
Don't believe it. Apple and ATT can do anything the decide to want to do. I was asked 4 months early if I would stay with ATT. I told them I didn't know yet and was looking around at Sprint.

They came back with a free white iP4 not an upgrade. They did want a new 2 yr contract however. That isn't a biggie as I was going to stay anyway.

So like I said before, Apple and ATT can do whatever they want. Mine was over the phone and shipped to my door.
I've been with AT&T over 10 years (even when it kept switching to Cingular), bill over 100$ every month and never missed a payment.

I have never gotten a free upgrade and have told them I would move over before, etc.

You got extremely lucky.
AndrewR23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone